Pony Up(Redirected from Pony Up!)
Pony Up is an all-woman Canadian indie pop band based in Montreal, Quebec. They are known for their guitar-and-keyboard based upbeat music and their personal and sometimes sexually suggestive lyrics.
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Labels||Laughing Outlaw, Ten Fingers (current), Dim Mak (former)|
|Members||Lisa J. Smith|
|Past members||Camilla Wynne Ingr|
Pony Up! was formed on New Year's Eve 2002. The members were bassist Lisa Smith, drummer Lindsay Wills, keyboardist Laura Wills, guitarist Sarah Moundroukas, and vocalist Camilla Wynne Ingr. The group released their debut, self-titled EP, Pony Up! in 2005 Steve Aoki's label, Dim Mak.
In April 2006, Pony Up released their first full-length album, Make Love to the Judges with Your Eyes. To promote their debut, the band toured Australia in the summer of 2006, where their single "The Truth About Cats and Dogs (Is That They Die)" would later be voted No. 47 on Triple J's Hottest 100.
The band's third album, Stay Gold, was released in the spring of 2009.
- Lisa J. Smith – bass guitar
- Lindsay Wills – drums
- Laura Wills – keyboards and vocals
- Sarah Moundroukas – guitar and vocals
- Camilla Wynne Ingr - also in the band Sunset Rubdown
|"The Truth About Cats and Dogs (Is That They Die)"||2006||Toben Seymour||Make Love to the Judges with Your Eyes||Shadow puppetry and animation by Moving Pictures|
- "Montreal music scene uneasy about the spotlight". Brownsville Herald, July 31, 2005
- "Montreal uneasy about spotlight". Lethbridge Herald August 03, 2005 - Page 9
- "Miracle Fortress / Pony Up! / Plante Te Femme Zaphod Beeblebrox, Ottawa ON May 13". Exclaim!, By Chris Whibbs May 24, 2007
- "Pony Up". Exclaim!, By Carsten Knox Mar 06, 2007
- " Pony Up!". Allmusic, by Heather Phares
- " Pony Up! Interview". PAPERMAG, 06/30/2006
- "Critics' Choice". Toronto Star - Toronto, Ont. Jul 26, 2007 Page: E.5
- "Pony Up! Pony Up!". Pitchfork, by Peter Macia March 21 2005
- "!earshot charts - top 200 for 2006". Earshot
- "Back in the Groove". Montreal Gazette, 2009-06-25.