For people bearing the modern surname Pontifex, see Pontifex (surname).
Pontifex may also refer to:
- Pontifex (project), the Planning Of Non-specific Transportation by an Intelligent Fleet EXpert European project
- Quintus Mucius Scaevola Pontifex (died 82 BC), politician of the Roman Republic
- Romanus Pontifex, papal bull of 1455, granting nations and explorers rights over newly discovered lands
- Pontifex, codename for the Solitaire encryption algorithm in the 1999 novel Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
- Valentine Pontifex, 1983 novel by Robert Silverberg
- Pontifex (genus), a group of amoeboid organisms