|Company||Oak View Group|
|Based in||Until May 31, 2018 Fresno, California|
History and profileEdit
Founded in 1981 in Fresno, California, Pollstar is a trade publication that covers the concert industry in the United States and internationally. They supply information to professional concert promoters, booking agents, artist managers, facility executives and other entities involved in the live entertainment business. Pollstar produces a weekly print magazine for industry professionals and publishes on their website.
Today, Pollstar has an office in London and correspondents in six countries. The magazine is a member of the Associated Press (AP). Its subscribers receive the weekly magazine and access to its online databases.
Pollstar holds an annual award ceremony to honor artists and professionals in the concert industry. In 2019, Pollstar used box office performance to determine winners of their awards for the first time. Previously, winners were chosen by industry voters.
Pollstar also produces Pollstar Live!, a three-day concert industry conference at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, CA. Originally titled the CIC - Concert Industry Consortium, it brings together a mix of talent buyers, venue managers, artist agents and managers. Conference speakers have included Garth Brooks, Jon Bon Jovi, Eddy Cue and Michael Rapino.
- "Pollstar is the Concert Industry's leading business trade publication, publishing for more than 25 years". Music Week. October 24, 2008. Retrieved July 30, 2011.[dead link]
- "U2 tour was hottest ticket of 2009 in North America". BBC. December 31, 2009. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- "It's official: Oak View Group acquires Pollstar". IQ Magazine. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- "Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé & Jay-Z, Paradigm Agency Win Big at Pollstar Awards". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "Oak View Group Acquires Pollstar". VenuesNow. 2017-07-12. Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "Pollstar Sale Hits a Snag With Massive Website Project". Amplify. 2017-02-22. Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "Pollstar Moving From Fresno to Oak View Group's HQ; Co-Founder to Retire". Billboard. Retrieved 2019-05-24.
- "Morning Report; ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT REPORTS FROM THE TIMES, NEWS SERVICES AND THE NATION'S PRESS". Los Angeles Times. February 13, 2002. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Caro, Mark (January 24, 1992). "Cubby Bear named venue of the year by Pollstar". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Hunkin, Joanna (December 5, 2007). "Vector Arena nominated for top concert venue award". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Baltin, Steve; Baltin, Steve (2019-02-13). "Dave Grohl Compares Billie Eilish to Nirvana in 1991". Variety. Retrieved 2019-05-28.
- "Pollstar announces inaugural Pollstar Live! conference for 2010". TicketNews. 15 September 2009. Retrieved 2019-05-28.
- Staff, Variety; Staff, Variety (2018-02-09). "Pollstar Conference Draws Top Talent, Live Music Luminaries and a Little Controversy". Variety. Retrieved 2019-05-28.