|Based in||Until May 31, 2018 Fresno, California|
History and profileEdit
Founded in 1981 in Fresno, California, Pollstar is the only trade publication covering the worldwide concert industry. They have been supplying in-depth information to every professional concert promoter, booking agent, artist manager, facility executive and every other entity involved in the live entertainment business for 30 years. Pollstar produces a weekly print magazine for professionals and publishes that information daily to the web at PollstarPro.com. Pollstar's free Pollstar.com website is for live music fans and contains the same high quality information that industry professionals use daily to route their concerts.
Today, Pollstar has an office in London and correspondents in six countries. The magazine is a member of the Associated Press (AP). Its subscribers receive the weekly magazine and access to its online databases.
- "Pollstar is the Concert Industry's leading business trade publication, publishing for more than 25 years". Music Week. October 24, 2008. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- "U2 tour was hottest ticket of 2009 in North America". BBC. December 31, 2009. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- "It's official: Oak View Group acquires Pollstar". IQ Magazine. Retrieved 14 July 2017.
- "Morning Report; ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT REPORTS FROM THE TIMES, NEWS SERVICES AND THE NATION'S PRESS". Los Angeles Times. February 13, 2002. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Caro, Mark (January 24, 1992). "Cubby Bear named venue of the year by Pollstar". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved July 30, 2011.
- Hunkin, Joanna (December 5, 2007). "Vector Arena nominated for top concert venue award". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved July 30, 2011.