Point Washington, Florida
Point Washington is an unincorporated community in Walton County, Florida, United States. Its zip code is: 32459. The area is home to Eden Gardens State Park. The park is located south of Freeport by U.S. 98. The community developed around a sawmill. Point Washington State Forest was purchased under Florida's Conservation and Recreation Lands (CARL) program in 1992. Using an ecosystem management approach, the Florida Forest Service provides for multiple uses of the forest resources. The forest is managed for timber, wildlife, outdoor recreation and ecological restoration. Point Washington is widely used for hunting, off-road bicycling, and hiking. On the area are several paved roads and numerous forest roads. This area is a site on the Great Florida Birding Trail.
- "Point Washington, Florida". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- Grayton Beach: Point Washington, Florida Archived 2014-01-01 at the Wayback Machine
- "Point Washington State Forest / State Forests / Our Forests / Florida Forest Service / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services". www.freshfromflorida.com. Retrieved 2016-09-06.
- Clark, Kim (September 6, 2016). "Trail Walker Trails". Fresh From Florida. Division of Forestry. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- "Point Washington Wildlife Management Area". myfwc.com. Retrieved 2016-09-06.