Plug and Play Tech Center
|Venture Capital Firm, Startup Accelerator, and Corporate Innovation Consultancy|
|Headquarters||440 N Wolfe Road,|
Number of locations
|Sunnyvale, CA, USA|
Cleveland, OH, USA
New York, NYC, USA
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
|Saeed Amidi (Founder & CEO)|
Plug and Play runs two programs per year in each industry and location (totaling 50 accelerator programs per year) and has 300 corporate partners and 200 venture capitalists in its ecosystem. It was recently named the 'Most active Silicon Valley venture capital firm' by Silicon Valley Business Journal.
According to Plug and Play's 2018 report, the company accelerated 1,107 startups in 2018 (562 in USA, 545 non-domestic). The company claims to have made 222 investments in 2018.
Its Spring 2017 programs hosted 175 startups in nine different industries:
Its Spring 2019 programs hosted 135 startups in seven different industries:
The industries the company focuses on include:
- Brand & Retail
- Financial Technologies (Fintech)
- Food & Beverage
- Health & Wellness
- Insurance Technologies (Insurtech)
- Internet of Things
- New Materials & Packaging
- Travel & Hospitality
- Real Estate Tech (Proptech)
- Energy & Sustainability
- Supply Chain & Logistics (Logtech)
- Smart Cities
- Industrial Safety Technology (Safetytech)
The company has offices in Sunnyvale, Berlin, Stuttgart, Paris, Munich, Frankfurt, Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Guadalajara, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Kyoto, São Paulo, Singapore, Valencia, Spain and Cleveland.
Plug and Play partners with corporations and exposes them to the Silicon Valley startup culture and to the startups themselves.
- "Income& Selected For Plug and Play Fintech Accelerator Program". Crowdfund Insider. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "Most active Silicon Valley venture capital firms". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- "Plug and Play launches 9 new accelerator programs". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "Plug and Play Announces 135 Startups Accepted Into Spring Batches". CrowdfundInsider. Retrieved 2019-03-14.
- "Dropbox". Crunchbase.
- "PayPal". Crunchbase.
- "N26". Crunchbase.
- "Zoosk". Crunchbase.
- "Zoosk". Crunchbase.
- "Credit Sesame". Crunchbase.
- "Rappi". Crunchbase.
- "Vudu". Crunchbase.
- "LendingClub". Crunchbase.
- "Onfido". Crunchbase.