This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Planet Patrol is an American electro group originating in the 1980s. The members were Arthur Baker, John Robie, and a quintet of vocalists led by Herbert J. Jackson (lead singer), Joseph Lites, Rodney Butler, Michael Anthony Jones, and Melvin B. Franklin (not to be confused with Melvin Franklin of The Temptations). The group only produced a single album, the self-titled Planet Patrol in 1983, which peaked at #64 on the Billboard R&B Albums chart.
|Origin||Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Genres||Electro funk, freestyle, old school hip hop|
|Years active||1982–1984; 2006–present|
|Labels||Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records|
- Planet Patrol (1983) - Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records (01002)
- A1. "Cheap Thrills"
- A2. "Danger Zone"
- A3. "I Didn't Know I Loved You (Till I Saw You Rock and Roll)"
- B4. "Play at Your Own Risk" (Remix)
- B5. "It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference"
- B6. "Don't Tell Me"
- "Play At Your Own Risk" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00825, 1982)
- "Cheap Thrills" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00834, 1983) - UK #64
- "I Didn't Know I Loved You (Till I Saw You Rock and Roll)" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00837, 1983)
- "Danger Zone" (Tommy Boy/Warner Bros. Records 00846, 1984)
- "Planet Patrol > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Retrieved on October 12, 2009.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 266. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.