The Pioneer Yosemite History Center is an assembled collection of historic buildings from Yosemite National Park that is located in Wawona, California. Visitors can walk around the buildings year round, and the interiors are open in the summer on a limited basis. There are also special programs and carriage rides in the summer.
The buildings include:
- Acting Superintendent's Headquarters
- Blacksmith shop
- Cavalry office
- Chris Jorgenson Studio
- Degnan's Bakery
- George Anderson Pioneer Home
- Hodgdon Homestead Cabin
- Powderhouse and jail
- Ranger patrol cabin
- Wawona Covered Bridge
- Yosemite Transportation Company Office (aka Wells Fargo Office)
The Acting Superintendent's Headquarters, the Chris Jorgenson Studio, the Hodgdon Homestead Cabin, the Wawona Covered Bridge, and the Yosemite Transportation Company Office are all listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- ^ "Pioneer Yosemite History Museum". Yosemite Experience. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- ^ "The Yosemite Pioneer History Center". Undiscovered Yosemite. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- ^ "Where to Go in Yosemite With Kids: The Pioneer Yosemite History Center". Go Explore Nature. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- ^ "Pioneer Yosemite History Center Online Tour". Yosemite, CA. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
Coordinates: 37°32′19″N 119°39′21″W / 37.5387°N 119.6559°W