Pinning may refer to:
- Pinning, the effect of certain weapons that cause their targets to be pinned down
- Pinning ceremony (nursing), a symbolic welcoming of new graduates into the nursing profession
- Pinning force, a force acting on a pinned object from a pinning center
- Pinning (modelling), the use of pins to strengthen the joins when assembling large or heavy model kits
- Pinning points, points in a crystalline material that act to halt a dislocation's movement
- Grappling hold#Pinning hold, a hold used to control an opponent in grappling
- Flux pinning, a phenomenon that magnetic flux lines do not move despite the Lorentz force acting on them inside a current-carrying Type II superconductor
- Percutaneous pinning, a technique used by orthopedic surgeons for the stabilisation of unstable fractures
- Tree pinning, inserting spikes into trees in order to cause damage to sawmill equipment
- Zener pinning, the influence of a dispersion of fine particles on the movement of low- and high angle grain boundaries through a polycrystalline material
- HTTP Public Key Pinning, a security mechanism for HTTPS websites
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Pinning.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.