Pine Mountain State Scenic Trail
Pine Mountain State Scenic Trail is a 120 mi (193 km) trail under development in the U.S. state of Kentucky. Once completed, the trail will wind along Pine Mountain Ridge from the Breaks Interstate Park to Cumberland Gap National Historical Park. The park itself will cover a 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) band along Pine Mountain.
|Pine Mountain State Scenic Trail|
|Length||120 mi (193 km)|
|Location||Eastern Kentucky, United States|
Breaks Interstate Park, Kentucky|
Cumberland Gap National Historical Park, Kentucky
American black bear
Diarrhea from water
The following chart lists the completed trail sections as of May 2014:
|Trail Section||Length||Shelters||Start to Finish|
|Birch Knob||28 mi (45 km)||one||Breaks Interstate Park to U.S. 23|
|Highland Section||16 mi (26 km)||two||U.S. 23 to U.S. 119|
- Foot traffic only between US 23 and US 119
- Camping at designated sites only (There are a number of shelters along the trail - check for details on camping.)
- No overnight camping permitted in state nature preserves.
- No overnight parking at state nature preserves.
- Trails have sign-in and sign-out stations that help identify who is and has been on the mountain in the event of an emergency.