Pif (television host)
Pierfrancesco Diliberto, nicknamed Pif (born 1972), is an Italian television host, film director, actor and writer.
4 June 1972
Biography and careerEdit
Pif was born in Palermo, Italy on 4 June 1972. He is the son of the Italian director Maurizio Diliberto and has had a passion for cinema since his youth.
In 1998 he worked as assistant director to Marco Tullio Giordana for I cento passi (The Hundred Steps), a famous film against the mafia. In the same year he started working as a television author at Mediaset. In 2001 he started participating in Le Iene (The Hyenas), an Italian TV show with journalistic reporting characterized by a sharp satirical style.
In 2007 he started his own TV show, Il Testimone (The Witness), on MTV. In the show, he uses an Autovox to create amateur-like reports in Italy and abroad. In the same year he published his book Piffettopoli. Le fatiche di un quasi vip.
In 2012 he published the short story Sarà stata una fuga di gas (It Must Have Been a Gas Leak) in the book Dove eravamo. Vent'anni dopo Capaci e Via D'Amelio (Where We Were. Twenty Years After Capaci and Via D'Amelio), a miscellaneous volume commemorating the twentieth anniversary of the death of Giovanni Falcone and Paolo Borsellino, two famous Sicilian judges who fought against the mafia and, after being assassinated, became symbols of the fight against the mafia in Italy.
In 2013 he started his film career by writing and directing The Mafia Kills Only in the Summer, in which he also plays the leading role, and from which he created the homonym TV series, directed by Luca Ribuoli. In 2016 at the Rome Film Festival his second film as director : In guerra per amore. 
- Women Drive Me Crazy (2013)
- The Mafia Kills Only in Summer (2013)
- At War with Love (2016)
- Ordinary Happiness (2019)
- Giuseppe Videtti (1 June 2011). "Pif, una vita da Iena Faccio interviste ma ho bisogno d' insulti". La Repubblica. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Arriva 'Piffettopoli' memorie di una Iena". La Repubblica. 3 November 2007. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- Paolo Giordano (4 January 2014). "Più che Iena un raccomandato Ma di talento". Il Giornale. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- (in Italian) [(in Italian) The Mafia Kills Only in Summer (TV series) - official page on raiplay.it
- Chiara Ugolini; Arianna Finos (13 October 2016). "Pif torna a parlare di mafia tra storia d'Italia e risate: "Ecco il mio Forrest Gump siciliano"". La Repubblica.
Media related to Pif at Wikimedia Commons