|Alma mater||Pierre and Marie Curie University|
Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa
University of Pisa
|Institutions||University of Udine|
|Thesis||Approximation diophantienne sur la droite (1995)|
|Doctoral advisor||Michel Waldschmidt|
Early life and educationEdit
Corvaja was born in Padua, Italy on 19 July 1967. He graduated with a scientific high school diploma from a liceo scientifico in 1985, before enrolling in the University of Pisa as a student of the Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa. He graduated from the Scuola Normale with an undergraduate thesis on the theory of transcendental numbers under the direction of Roberto Dvornicich in 1989.
After a one year scholarship at INdAM from 1989 to 1990, Corvaja completed his PhD under Michel Waldschmidt and Michel Laurent at Pierre and Marie Curie University in 1995. From 1994 to 1995, he was also a research assistant at the Università Iuav di Venezia as a collaborator of Umberto Zannier. In 2001, Corvaja obtained his habilitation qualification at Pierre and Marie Curie University.
In 1995, Corvaja became a researcher at the University of Udine. From 1997 to 1998, he was a member of the Institute for Advanced Study under the direction of Enrico Bombieri. In 2002, Corvaja became an associate professor of algebra at the University of Udine. Since 2005, he has been a professor of geometry at the University of Udine.
- with J. Noguchi: A new unicity theorem and Erdős' problem for polarized semi-abelian varieties, Math. Ann., vol. 353, no. 2 (2012), pp. 439–464.
- with U. Zannier: A subspace theorem approach to integral points on curves, Compte Rendu Acad. Sci., vol. 334, 2002, pp. 267–271 doi:10.1016/S1631-073X(02)02240-9
- with U. Zannier: Finiteness of Integral Values for the Ratio of Two Linear Recurrences, Inventiones Mathematicae, vol. 149, 2002, pp. 431–451. doi:10.1007/s002220200221
- with U. Zannier: On Integral Points on Surfaces, Annals of Mathematics, Vol. 160, 2004, pp. 705–726. arXiv preprint
- with U. Zannier: On the rational approximations to the powers of an algebraic number: solution of two problems of Mahler and Mendès France, Acta Mathematica, vol. 193, no. 2, 2004, pp. 175–191. doi:10.1007/BF02392563
- with U. Zannier: Some cases of Vojta's conjecture on integral points over function fields, Journal of Algebraic Geometry, vol. 17, 2008, pp. 295–333. arXiv preprint
- "Pietro Corvaja" (in Italian). Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere ed Arti. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "Pietro Corvaja" (in Italian). University of Udine, Dipartimento di Scienze, Matematiche Informatiche e fisiche. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "Pietro Corvaja" (in Italian). University of Udine. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- Entry at ORCID
- Pietro Corvaja at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Pietro Corvaja". Institute for Advanced Study. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- "Università di Udine: porte aperte alla future matricole" [University of Udine: doors open to future freshmen] (in Italian). Controcampus. 12 March 2014. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
Il programma dell'incontro prevede i saluti della direttrice dell'istituto, Donata Levi, e del vice direttore, Pietro Corvaja, che presenterà la Scuola.
- "Organi direttivi" (in Italian). School of Excellence of the University of Udine. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- Corvaja, P. and Zannier, U. "A subspace theorem approach to integral points on curves", Compte Rendu Acad. Sci., 334, 2002, pp. 267–271 doi:10.1016/S1631-073X(02)02240-9