Petrus Johannes Lindeque (born 31 January 1991 in Winburg, South Africa) is a former South African rugby union player. He played for the Sharks, Blue Bulls and Free State Cheetahs and also made five Super Rugby appearances for the Sharks. His regular position was centre.
|Full name||Petrus Johannes Lindeque|
|Date of birth||31 January 1991|
|Place of birth||Winburg, South Africa|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||88 kg (13 st 12 lb; 194 lb)|
|School||Grey College, Bloemfontein|
|Rugby union career|
He represented his local team, the Free State Cheetahs at several youth weeks, such as the Under–16 Grant Khomo Week in 2007 and the Under–18 Craven Week in 2008 and 2009, which led to a call-up to the S.A. Schools team in 2009.
He joined the Sharks academy the following season and made his first class debut for a Sharks Invitational XV against the Falcons in the Compulsory Friendly series ahead of the 2010 Currie Cup Premier Division.
He made several appearances for the Under–19 and Under–21 teams of the Sharks over the next few seasons, as well as a further nine first class appearances.
Blue Bulls / TuksEdit
He returned to Durban a few months later, however, when was named as a surprise inclusion in the Sharks touring squad for the 2013 Super Rugby season. He made a total of five appearances during the competition, scoring one try.
Free State CheetahsEdit
He then joined the Free State Cheetahs in time for the 2013 Currie Cup Premier Division season. He made just six appearances in the competition and none at all in the 2014 Super Rugby and 2014 Vodacom Cup competition to due a persistent knee injury. In June 2014, the Cheetahs agreed to release Lindeque from the remainder of his contract as he decided to retire, aged 23, to pursue a future in farming.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Piet Lindeque". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 2 June 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Valke 3-80 Sharks Invitational XV". South African Rugby Union. 25 June 2010. Retrieved 15 November 2016.
- "Sharks Touring Squad". Sharks. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Haaie se Lindeque terug na Bloem". Beeld (in Afrikaans). Media24. 29 May 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "Super-Sarel, nóg drie terug teen Haaie" (in Afrikaans). Volksblad. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 25 June 2014.