Pieces of the People We Love
Pieces of the People We Love is the second studio album by American rock band the Rapture. It was released on September 12, 2006 in the United States through Universal Motown Records and in the United Kingdom through Vertigo Records. It was primarily produced by Paul Epworth and Ewan Pearson, with Danger Mouse producing two tracks.
|Pieces of the People We Love|
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 12, 2006|
|The Rapture chronology|
|Drowned in Sound||(3/10)|
This album saw bassist Mattie Safer taking a more prominent role in songwriting and also singing lead vocals on several songs, with multi-instrumentalist Gabriel Andruzzi also being involved in the band's songwriting for the first time. As a result, creative tensions arose between them and the band's co-founders, vocalist-guitarist Luke Jenner and drummer Vito Roccoforte. In 2011 Jenner said, "[Safer] also had ambitions himself, to be a songwriter, but that really came out strongly on Pieces of the People We Love. He wanted to write songs and so he started taking up a lot more space and Gabe joined the band. It became this power struggle between Mattie and Gabe and me and Vito and, um, Vito doesn't like conflict so it left me kind of versus Mattie and Gabe so I lost that one."
- "Don Gon Do It"
- "Pieces of the People We Love" (produced by Danger Mouse)
- "Get Myself Into It"
- "First Gear"
- "The Devil"
- "Whoo! Alright-Yeah...Uh Huh"
- "Calling Me" (produced by Danger Mouse)
- "Down for So Long"
- "The Sound"
- "Live in Sunshine"
- "Shooting Star" (bonus track on copies purchased at Best Buy)
- "On and On" (bonus track available as a download with purchase of the UK edition)
|2006||The Billboard 200||113|
- Kellman, Andy. "The Rapture: Pieces of the People We Love > Review" at AllMusic. Retrieved August 13, 2009.
- Blender review Archived June 26, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Chapman, Anna (September 14, 2006). "The Rapture: Pieces of the People We Love". Collective.[permanent dead link]
- Dowling, Jordan (September 20, 2006). "The Rapture: Pieces of the People We Love". Drowned in Sound.
- Sullivan, Caroline (September 15, 2006). "The Rapture, Pieces of the People We Love". The Guardian. London. ISSN 0261-3077. OCLC 60623878.
- Mitchum, Rob (September 12, 2006). "The Rapture: Pieces of the People We Love". Pitchfork Media.
- Raper, Dan (September 12, 2006). "The Rapture: Pieces of the People We Love". PopMatters.
- Christgau, Robert. "The Rapture". robertchristgau.com. Retrieved August 13, 2009.
- Sheffield, Rob (September 6, 2006). "The Rapture: Pieces of the People We Love". Rolling Stone. Wenner Media. OCLC 680063773. Archived from the original on June 6, 2007.
- Southall, Nick (September 13, 2006). "The Rapture: Pieces of the People We Love". Stylus.
- Pieces of the People We Love (album liner notes). The Rapture. Universal Motown Records. 2006.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Perpetua, Matthew (2011-08-30). "Exclusive Album Stream: The Rapture Return With 'In the Grace of Your Love'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2019-01-03.
- "Pieces of the People We Love - The Rapture". Billboard.com. Retrieved 6 September 2011.