Philip Anthony Blake (born November 27, 1985) is a professional Canadian football offensive lineman for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football at Baylor University. He has also been a member of the Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals, Montreal Alouettes and Saskatchewan Roughriders.
|No. 53 – Toronto Argonauts|
|Born:||November 27, 1985|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||311 lb (141 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 108|
|CFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 23|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at NFL.com · CFL.ca|
Blake attended Tyler Junior College in 2008. Prior to 2009, he transferred to Baylor University. In his three years at Baylor, he started all 38 games at either center or right tackle. As a senior, he was an All-Big 12 selection.
He was drafted by the Montreal Alouettes in the 2011 CFL Draft, but decided to return to Baylor. He later was drafted in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos with the pick they received from the New York Jets in exchange for Tim Tebow.
After being drafted by the Denver Broncos in the 2012 NFL Draft, Blake signed with the team on June 1, 2012. He never dressed for a regular season game with the team and was released on August 31, 2013.
On October 10, 2018, Blake was traded alongside teammate Patrick Lavoie to the Saskatchewan Roughriders in exchange for wide receiver Joshua Stanford and a second-round selection in the 2020 CFL Draft.
On February 11, 2020, Blake signed with the Toronto Argonauts. However, he did not play in 2020 due to the cancellation of the 2020 CFL season and he re-structured his contract with the Argonauts on January 31, 2021.
- 2011 Football All-Big 12 Awards Announced
- "Blake Selected in Third Round of 2011 CFL Draft". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2012-03-08.
- "Five international players selected in NFL Draft". USA Football. 2012-04-30. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- Philip Blake completes deal with Denver Broncos Archived 2015-01-19 at archive.today
- "Cardinals Cut To 53". Archived from the original on 2014-09-01. Retrieved 2014-08-31.
- "Perrett inks new deal with Als; team signs Phillip Blake". Archived from the original on 2015-01-17. Retrieved 2015-01-17.
- "Riders acquire Blake, Lavoie in trade with Als - CFL.ca". CFL.ca. 2018-10-10. Retrieved 2018-10-11.
- "CFLFA: Argos sign veteran Canadian OL Philip Blake". Toronto Argonauts. February 11, 2020. Retrieved February 11, 2020.
- "Argos ink Speller to a deal + make other moves". Toronto Argonauts. January 31, 2021. Retrieved January 31, 2021.