Philip Anthony Blake (born November 27, 1985) is a professional Canadian football offensive lineman for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football at Baylor University. He has also been a member of the Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals and Montreal Alouettes.
Blake in the 2012 preseason.
|No. 53 – Saskatchewan Roughriders|
|Born:||November 27, 1985|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||311 lb (141 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 108|
|CFL draft:||2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 23|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Blake attended Tyler Junior College in 2008. Prior to 2009, he transferred to Baylor University. In his three years at Baylor, he started all 38 games at either center or right tackle. As a senior, he was an All-Big 12 selection.
He was drafted by the Montreal Alouettes in the 2011 CFL Draft, but decided to return to Baylor. He later was drafted in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos with the pick they received from the New York Jets in exchange for Tim Tebow.
After being drafted by the Denver Broncos in the 2012 NFL Draft, Blake signed with the team on June 1, 2012. He never dressed for a regular season game with the team and was released on August 31, 2013.
On October 10, 2018, Blake was traded alongside teammate Patrick Lavoie to the Saskatchewan Roughriders in exchange for wide receiver Joshua Stanford and a second-round selection in the 2020 CFL Draft.
- 2011 Football All-Big 12 Awards Announced
- Blake Selected in Third Round of 2011 CFL Draft
- "Five international players selected in NFL Draft". USA Football. 2012-04-30. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- Philip Blake completes deal with Denver Broncos Archived 2015-01-19 at Archive.today
- Cardinals Cut To 53
- Perrett inks new deal with Als; team signs Phillip Blake
- "Riders acquire Blake, Lavoie in trade with Als - CFL.ca". CFL.ca. 2018-10-10. Retrieved 2018-10-11.