Phelps-Terkel was a Los Angeles based department store specializing in men's clothing. Its Miracle Mile, Los Angeles Modernist store at 5550 Wilshire Boulevard, corner of S. Burnside Avenue, was considered a landmark by the Los Angeles Conservancy's Modern Committee.
In 1965 the firm became part of the Phelps-Wilger chain, based in Westwood, Los Angeles; together the new chain had store in:
- Miracle Mile
- Westwood (2)
- Sherman Oaks
- Newport Beach (Fashion Island) - store was to open in 1965
- "Mullen and Bluett", Los Angeles Conservancy
- "Phelps-Terkel will become Phelps-Wilger". Pasadena Independent. 22 September 1965. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Phelps Offers Long Tradition of Fine Menswear (advertising supplements)". Los Angeles Times. 12 February 1987. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- Woodyard, Chris (11 June 1992). "Retail". Los Angeles Times.