Peter Hambleton (born 1960) is a New Zealand stage, film and television actor, and stage director. Well known in the Wellington theatre scene, he has played ornithologist Walter Buller in the 2006 play Dr Buller's Birds and Charles Darwin in the 2009 play Collapsing Creation. He played the Dwarf Glóin in The Hobbit film series and Mike Johnson in an episode of the 1999 TV miniseries A Twist in the Tale.
Hambleton on 6 April 2015 at the Hobbitcon III convention in Bonn, Germany
|2001||The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring||Glóin (cameo)|
|2012||The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey||Glóin,
William, the stone troll
|2013||The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug||Glóin|
|2014||The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies|
- Hadyn (8 November 2009). "Collapsing Creation". The Wellingtonista. Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- "Play shows bird man's treachery". nzherald.co.nz. 25 February 2006. Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- Josh Tyler (21 October 2010). "The Hobbit Cast Announced, Martin Freeman Is Bilbo". Cinema Blend. Retrieved 22 October 2010.
- Bodey, Michael (2010-01-21). "The Office's Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins leads Hobbit cast". The Australian.
- "'The Hobbit': Martin Freeman to play Bilbo Baggins; other roles also cast". Entertainment Weekly. 2010-10-21.