Count Peter John Joseph Czernin von und zu Chudenitz is a British-born film producer.
|Born||January 1, 1966|
|Other names||Pete Czernin|
Early life and ancestryEdit
Count Peter is the only son of Austro-Hungarian Count Jozef Czernin von und zu Chudenitz (9 August 1924 – 13 April 2015) and Mary Hazel Caridwen Scott-Ellis, 10th Baroness Howard de Walden (born 12 August 1935). His parents are 6th cousins once removed, as both descend from Johann Heinrich Sigismund Friedrich, Count von Khevenhüller (1666-1742), and his second wife Ernestine Ursula Leopoldine, Countess von Orsini und Rosenberg (1683-1728).
He is the heir apparent to the English peerage title of Baron Howard de Walden, which was created in 1597 by Queen Elizabeth I for Admiral Lord Thomas Howard, a younger son of Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk.
He married on 17 September 1994, in Cambridge, Lucinda Suzanne Wright (born 1965). They have one daughter and one son:
- Audrey Serena Angela, Gräfin Czernin von und zu Chudenitz (born 1997)
- Alexander John Peter, Graf Czernin von und zu Chudenitz (born 1999)
As a producer, his work includes In Bruges (2008), The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011), Seven Psychopaths (2012) and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017), a critically acclaimed film for which he was co-nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture at the 90th Academy Awards.
- 2018: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (producer) (post-production)
- 2018: A Very English Scandal (TV Movie) (executive producer) (post-production)
- 2018: The Mercy (producer)
- 2017: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (producer - produced by)
- 2016: The Last Dragonslayer (TV Movie) (executive producer)
- 2015: The Outcast (TV Mini-Series) (producer - 2 episodes)
- 2015: The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (producer - as Pete Czernin)
- 2014: The Riot Club (producer)
- 2012: Seven Psychopaths (producer)
- 2012: Now Is Good (producer - as Pete Czernin)
- 2011: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (producer - as Pete Czernin)
- 2008: In Bruges (producer - as Pete Czernin, produced by)
- 2007: Wind Chill (producer)
- 2005: Piccadilly Jim (producer)
- 2004: Gladiatress (co-producer)
- 2001: Happy Campers (associate producer - as Pete Czernin)
- The Peerage
- "The story behind 'Three Billboards' production company Blueprint Pictures". Screen. Retrieved 2018-02-24.
- "Oscars 2018: The list of nominees in full". BBC News. January 23, 2018. Retrieved January 23, 2018.
|Lines of succession|
| Line of succession to the Howard de Walden barony