This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pete started his career in A&R in 1989 at SBK Records. When SBK ceased operations in the late-90’s, Pete joined Clive Davis at Arista Records as Sr. Director, A&R. The first artist he worked with at Arista was Santana, for whom Pete conceived and A&R’d the 30X Platinum World Wide, 9X Grammy Winning Album of the Year, Supernatural.
In early 2001, Pete left Arista and joined Epic Records as Sr. Vice President, A&R.
Pete left Epic in late 2003 to start his own A&R consulting business, Pure Tone Music. Pure Tone’s label clients included Arista Records, RCA Records, Virgin Records, and Atlantic Records. Company projects included albums by Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson, David Cook, Halestorm, Train, Santana, Kenny G, Aaron Neville, America, Donna Summer, and Chaka Khan.
He joined Atlantic Records as Executive Vice President/Head of A&R in mid-October 2008 and was named President of A&R in late 2017.
- Kenney, Laurie (January 28, 2018) "Ganbarg ’88 & Miranda ’02 Score Grammy Gold" Retrieved 22 August 2018
- Kawashima, Dale (5 August 2014). "Special Interview with Pete Ganbarg, Executive Vice President of A&R at Atlantic Records". SongwriterUniverse. Retrieved 3 January 2011.
- Ganbarg, Peter (24 November 2008). "Pete Ganbarg Named Atlantic Executive VP of A&R". Marketwire. Retrieved 3 January 2011.
- Crouch, Tanja (30 April 2008). 100 Careers in the Music Business (Second ed.). Woodbury, N.Y: Barron's Educational Series. p. 62. ISBN 978-0-7641-3914-7. Retrieved 5 January 2011.
- Cho, Regina (16 January 2018). "Atlantic Records Promotes Pete Ganbarg to President of A&R". Music Business Worldwide. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- Staff, Variety (16 January 2018). "Atlantic Records Names Pete Ganbarg President of A&R". Variety. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- Kenney, Laurie (14 September 2015). "GANBARG'S GREATEST HITS". Wesleyan Magazine. Retrieved 2018-08-22.