Pete D’Alessandro (born June 17, 1968) is an American businessman, currently the assistant general manager of the Orlando Magic of the National Basketball Association. Prior to joining the Magic, D’Alessandro was the general manager for the Sacramento Kings and an assistant general manager with the Golden State Warriors and Denver Nuggets twice.
D’Alessandro attended Connetquot High School in Bohemia, New York. He enrolled at St. John’s University in 1986. While there, D’Alessandro began his work in basketball as a video coordinator under St. John's Hall of Fame men’s basketball coach Lou Carnesecca. He later graduated from Nova Southeastern University School of Law in May 1994 and was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1995.
From 1997 to 2004, D’Alessandro next worked for Professional Management Associates, a Washington, DC-based sports agency, where he represented NBA and international basketball players.
Golden State Warriors and Denver NuggetsEdit
He was hired by Golden State Warriors basketball chief and Hall of Famer Chris Mullin in 2004 to join the Golden State Warriors as the director of basketball operations. Golden State promoted D’Alessandro to assistant general manager in 2006. D’Alessandro became known for his strong analytical skills and expertise in the NBA salary cap.
In 2010, D’Alessandro was recruited away by the newly hired GM of the Denver Nuggets, Masai Ujiri, to work for him as his advisor. In 2012, he was promoted to Vice President of Basketball Operations. He helped the Nuggets to a franchise record 57 regular season wins that year. After Ujiri left for the Toronto Raptors, D’Alessandro was initially seen as the front runner for the general manager position of the Nuggets.
Return to DenverEdit
Upon being relieved of his duties with the hiring of Vlade Divac as Vice President of Basketball Operations, he left the Sacramento Kings on 06/10/2015 to accept a front office position with the Denver Nuggets 
D’Alessandro resides in the Orlando area with his wife Leah, daughter Kate and son Benjamin. He met his wife while working on the 1996 Lazio campaign and she played a strong role in encouraging him to pursue his dream of running the operations of basketball franchises.
- "Sacramento Kings bring on Pete D'Alessandro of Denver Nuggets as GM - ESPN". Espn.go.com. 2013-06-18. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- "Kings Name Pete D'Alessandro General Manager | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SACRAMENTO KINGS". Nba.com. 2013-08-29. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- "Pete D'Alessandro will be the next general manager of the Sacramento Kings". Denver Stiffs. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- Adrian Wojnarowski [@wojespn] (10 June 2015). "Sacramento Kings GM Pete D'Alessandro has accepted a high-ranking front office job with Josh Kroenke in Denver, league sources tell Yahoo" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Gonzalez, Antonio (2013-06-17). "Pete D'Alessandro begins 'dream job' as Kings GM". Bigstory.ap.org. Retrieved 2013-09-05.
- "Pete D'Alessandro travels long road from Connetquot High to Sacramento Kings GM". Newsday.com. 2013-06-22. Retrieved 2013-09-05.