The Pertemps Final is a Grade Three National Hunt hurdle race in Great Britain which is open to horses aged five years or older. It is run on the New Course at Cheltenham over a distance of about 3 miles (2 miles 7 furlongs and 213 yards, or 4,785 metres), and during its running there are twelve hurdles to be jumped. It is a handicap race, and it is scheduled to take place each year during the Cheltenham Festival in March.
|Grade 3 race|
|Race type||Hurdle race|
|Distance||2m 7f 213y (4,785 metres)|
|Qualification||Five-years-old and up|
|Third Wind||Alaphilippe||Mill Green|
|Mrs Milner||The Bosses Oscar||Come On Teddy|
|Rogers Princess||Henry Mann||Ryde Again|
|Pragada||Mynah Key||Ruby Flight|
The event was established in 1974, when it was introduced as a replacement for a previous race at the Festival, the George Duller Handicap Hurdle. It was originally sponsored by Coral, and for much of its early history it was titled the Coral Golden Hurdle Final. It has had various sponsors since 1993, and the latest of these, Pertemps, began supporting the race in 2002.
The Pertemps Final is served by a series of qualifier races which take place during the preceding five months. A horse has to placed in the first six in a qualifier race to be eligible to run in the Final. In the 2020–21 season there were 14 qualifier races, all in Great Britain. In previous seasons qualifiers have included races in Ireland and France.
The race was raised from Listed to Grade Three status from 2018.
Most successful horse (3 wins):
- Willie Wumpkins – 1979, 1980, 1981
Leading jockey (3 wins):
- Jim Wilson – Willie Wumpkins (1979, 1980, 1981)
- Davy Russell – Mall Dini (2016), Presenting Percy (2017), Delta Work (2018)
- Barry Geraghty – Inching Closer (2003), Sire Du Berlais (2019, 2020)
Leading trainer (4 wins):
- Jonjo O'Neill – Danny Connors (1991), Inching Closer (2003), Creon (2004), Holywell (2013)
- amateur jockey
- The 2001 running was cancelled because of a foot-and-mouth crisis
- racenewsonline.co.uk – Racenews Archive (21 February 2008).
- Ladbrokes Pocket Companion 1990/91. Aesculus Press. 1990. p. 60. ISBN 1-871093-21-X.
- Racing Post:
- Race Recordings