This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Permanent Roommates is an Indian web series created by The Viral Fever (TVF) and Biswapati Sarkar. This series revolves around a young couple, Tanya and Mikesh, who after being in a long distance relationship for three years, face the prospect of marriage. The first season had its premiere on YouTube on October 29, 2014. The second season broadcast on TVF Play, The Viral Fever's premium online video streaming medium, on February 14, 2016. It is India's first web series.
|Created by||Arunabh Kumar|
|Developed by||Biswapati Sarkar|
|Written by||Biswapati Sarkar|
|Directed by||Sameer Saxena|
Deepak Kumar Mishra
|Country of origin||India|
|Original language(s)||Hindi and Tamil|
|No. of seasons||2 (season 1 in Hindi and tamil) & ( season 2 in Hindi only)|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Arun Kumar|
|Running time||30-60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||The Viral Fever Media Labs|
|Distributor||The viral fever for Hindi and TVF machi for Tamil|
|Original network||TVF Play|
|Original release||October 29, 2014 –|
Permanent Roommates follows the story of commitment-wary Tanya, and Mikesh, her overeager long-distance boyfriend who returns to India from the United States of America to surprise Tanya and to ask her to marry him. Acting upon the advice of her roommate and her own reluctance to marry someone who barely knows her, Tanya refuses, but gives in to Mikesh's persistence. The two eventually strike a compromise, opting to move in together first. The subsequent events- a fallout, followed by a conciliation, and Tanya's premarital pregnancy end in the two of them planning their wedding, with unforeseen consequences.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Sumeet Vyas as Mikesh Chaudhary
- Nidhi Singh as Tanya Nagpal
- Deepak Kumar Mishra as Purushottam
- Shishir Sharma as Brijmohan Nagpal, father of Tanya.
- Asrani as Subhash Chaudhary, paternal grandfather of Mikesh.
- Sheeba Chaddha as Lata Chaudhary, mother of Mikesh.
- Darshan Jariwala as Mohanlal Chaudhary, father of Mikesh.
- Ayesha Raza Mishra as Ila, Tanya's maternal aunt.
- Manu Rishi as twin Dr. Mudhit, brother of Mikesh's mother.
- Anandeshwar Dwivedi as Laxman/LLeo
- Unknown as Tiwari(Mikesh's Friend)
Introduced in Season 1Edit
- Jitendra Kumar as Pathik, childhood friend of Mikesh.
- Akanksha Thakur as Rashmi, fiancé of Pathik.
- Sameer Saxena as Bansal, landlord of Ritu and Tanya's house.
- Nidhi Bisht as Ritu
- Sudhir Chobeesy as Atul Choubey, the registrar
Introduced in Season 2Edit
Season 1 (2014)Edit
|Episode||Title||Directed by||Written by||Date of Broadcast|
|1||1||"The Proposal"||Sameer Saxena||Biswapati Sarkar||October 29, 2014|
|Mikesh returns to India from United States of America and puts across a marriage proposal towards Tanya, with whom he's had a long distance relationship for the last three years, but Tanya is still in two minds about accepting or rejecting his proposal.|
|2||2||"The Father-in-Law"||Sameer Saxena||Biswapati Sarkar||November 5, 2014|
|Mikesh wants to marry Tanya, but Tanya believes he is rushing things. So both of them try to reach a conclusion by having a discussion with Brijmohan, Tanya's father.|
|3||3||"The Bachelor Pad"||Sameer Saxena||Biswapati Sarkar||November 19, 2014|
|Ritu and Tanya's landlord doesn't approve of boys visiting and staying in their flat, so Laxman takes Mikesh to a new place to live, a house which is already being shared by eight men.|
|4||4||"The Bridegroom"||Sameer Saxena||Biswapati Sarkar||November 26, 2014|
|While house-hunting Mikesh and Tanya come across Pathik who turns out to be Mikesh's childhood friend. Pathik is marrying his girlfriend Rashmi but both of them are developing cold feet as the marriage approaches. Mikesh and Tanya try to resolve the conflict between Pathik and Rashmi but end up creating a conflict in their mind about the future of their own relationship.|
|5||5||"The Agreement"||Sameer Saxena||Biswapati Sarkar||December 12, 2014|
|Tanya comes to the conclusion that since Mikesh and herself are never on the same page, it's better to move away from each other than leading a life filled with arguments and suffering.|
Season 2 (2016)Edit
|Episode||Title||Directed by||Written by||Date of Broadcast|
|6||1||"The Parents"||Deepak Kumar Mishra & Biswapati Sarkar||Biswapati Sarkar||February 14, 2016|
|Tanya is apprehensive about meeting the parents of Mikesh, but before that happens Tanya receives a surprising news that ends up adding to her anxiousness.|
|7||2||"The Man"||Deepak Kumar Mishra & Biswapati Sarkar||Biswapati Sarkar||February 28, 2016|
|Mikesh's parents want Tanya and Mikesh to marry as early as possible but Mikesh refuses to do so. What follows is a night of confusion and confessions where more secrets are revealed.|
|8||3||"The Event - Part 1"||Deepak Kumar Mishra & Biswapati Sarkar||Biswapati Sarkar & Nidhi Bisht||March 13, 2016|
|After returning from a business trip Tanya comes to know that Mikesh is planning an extremely expensive wedding for the two of them. Tanya refuses to wed in such a lavish manner but finds herself dumbstruck when she comes across Seema Khatri, the event manager of the wedding ceremony.|
|9||4||"The Event - Part 2"||Deepak Kumar Mishra & Biswapati Sarkar||Biswapati Sarkar & Nidhi Bisht||March 25, 2016|
|While Tanya and Mikesh attempt to stop the marriage that has turned into a huge event, their parents end up creating a new problem for them to deal with.|
|10||5||"The Dinner"||Sameer Saxena||Biswapati Sarkar||April 8, 2016|
|Dr. Mudhit invites Tanya and Mikesh along with two other couples to his house for dinner and puts across a puzzle for them to solve.|
|11||6||"The Memories"||Sameer Saxena||Biswapati Sarkar||May 22, 2016|
|While returning home from the hospital Tanya and Mikesh end up losing their bag which contained the first ultrasound image of their unborn child. Tanya, Mikesh and their driver Purshottam narrate the entire incident from their own point of view to Dr. Mudhit, so as to solve the mystery of the missing bag.|
|12||7||"The Gift"||Sameer Saxena||Biswapati Sarkar||June 7, 2016|
|When the entire family is busy preparing for the wedding, Mikesh and Tanya get a first hand experience of parenting as Purshottam leaves his younger brothers, who are twins, at their house for a few hours.|
|13||8||"The Attempt"||Sameer Saxena||Biswapati Sarkar||June 24, 2016|
|In order to come out of the sad phase that has engulfed their life, Mikesh and Tanya decide to revisit their happy memories and search for answers about their future.|
TVF Permanent Roommates has been well received by the internet audience. The first episode has more than 4.5 million views. The series, hosted on TVF's official YouTube channel, has since gathered over 1 million views for each episode.
- "The 'Permanent Roommates' Team On The Challenges Of Doing Season 2". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates - S01E01 - The Proposal". YouTube.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates S02E01 - The Parents". TVF Play.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates - S01E02 - The Father-In-Law". YouTube.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates - S01E03 - The Bachelor Pad". YouTube.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates - S01E04 - The Bridegroom". YouTube.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates - S01E05 - The Agreement". YouTube.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates S02E02 - The Man". TVF Play.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates S02E03 - The Event - Part 1". TVF Play.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates S02E03 - The Event - Part 2". TVF Play.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates S02E04 - The Dinner". TVF Play.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates - S02E05 - The Memories". TVF Play.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates S02E06 - The Gift". TVF Play.
- "TVF's Permanent Roommates S02E06 - The Attempt". TVF Play.
- Permanent Roommates on BolDal India