Perimeter Mall is an upscale shopping mall in Perimeter Center, Dunwoody, Georgia, a suburb of Atlanta, near the interchange of Interstate 285 (the Perimeter) and Georgia State Route 400. It is the second largest shopping mall in the state of Georgia, the largest being the Mall of Georgia in Buford, Georgia.
Interior of Perimeter Mall
|Location||Dunwoody, Georgia, USA|
|Management||Brookfield Properties Retail Group|
|Owner||Brookfield Properties Retail Group|
|No. of stores and services||158|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||1,564,046 sq ft (145,304.6 m2)|
|No. of floors||2 (anchors have 3)|
|Public transit access||
Perimeter Mall is different from other shopping malls in Atlanta in that the front side of the mall includes an area for open-air shops, upscale restaurants, and salons, connected by gardens and paths. It also features valet parking.
Perimeter Mall opened in 1971 and was the fourth mall to open in DeKalb County, after Avondale Mall in 1964, North DeKalb Mall in 1965, and the Gallery at South DeKalb in 1968. Its original anchor stores were Rich's and J. C. Penney, which made it very similar in design and layout to the nearby Greenbriar Mall. Perimeter Mall was the first mall in metro Atlanta to be located outside of I-285.
In 1982, an additional wing that included a Davison's was added. This gave the mall a T shape.
In 1998, the mall was expanded again.
On January 4, 2012, Bloomingdale's announced that it will close its location in the mall. On the next day, January 5, Von Maur announced that it would be taking over that location and setting up its second location in Georgia at the mall.
In 2015-2016, the mall underwent renovations including new ceramic flooring, new lighting, modern seating areas, updated restrooms and new signage. Some of what will be replaced is the mall's original 1970s decor.
- "Perimeter Mall". Brookfield Properties Retail Group.
- Newmark, Avery (May 18, 2018). "8 things you didn't know about Atlanta's Great American Cookies". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Lamm, Marcy (June 15, 1998). "Malls lead the way as shopping habits undergo revolution". American City Business Journals.
- "Development Digest". National Real Estate Investor. March 1, 1998.
- Kass, Arielle (January 5, 2012). "Von Maur to replace Bloomingdale's at Perimeter Mall". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- "Perimeter Mall Bloomingdale's closing". American City Business Journals. January 4, 2012.
- Murchison, Adrianne (September 12, 2013). "Popular Chipotle Opens Another Area Restaurant Inside Perimeter Mall". Patch Media.
- Kendall, Janet Jones (April 17, 2015). "Renovations will boost Perimeter Mall". American City Business Journals.
- Zusel, Yvonne (March 1, 2016). "Pinkberry closes at Perimeter Mall, Freshii closes at Lenox Square". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- Northam, Mitchell (April 21, 2017). "Bebe closes stores across nation; 63 jobs impacted in Georgia". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.