|Elevation||493 m (1,617 ft)|
|• Density||980/km2 (2,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Pennagaram is located at  It has an average elevation of 493 metres (1617 feet). The famous tourist place Hogenakkal Falls, is 15 km from Pennagaram. Crocodile farm is available in Hogenakkal..
As of 2011[update] India census, Pennagaram had a population of 18,100. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Pennagaram has an average literacy rate of 60%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 67%, and female literacy is 52%. In Pennagaram, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age. It is very near (15 km) to Hogenakkal Falls in Pennagaram taluk, which is called India's Niagara.
Pennagaram is located in high geography area. Agriculture for the first ecomical in the area.
RTO office located in Dharmapuri.
Pennagaram is a connected in three state highways in other district. There is bus service to Chennai, Bangalore, Salem, Erode, Dharmapuri, Pondichery, Krishnagiri, Hosur, Thirupattur, Tiruppur, Ramnagar and district other major cities. State highway 60h connected in Pennagaram-Dharmapuri-Thiruppattur.
The nearest railway station at Dharmapuri in 30 kilometers from Pennagaram.
- Govt Arts College Pennagaram
- Jayam college of engineering Nallanoor, Pennagaram
- Jayam arts & science college Nallanoor, Pennagaram
- Al-islamiah polytechnic college Rajavoor, Pennagaram
- Meenakshi arts & science college Eriyur, Pennagaram
Perumbalai - Semmanur
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Pennagaram
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 February 2009. Retrieved 9 October 2008. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)