Pelgrane Press Ltd is a British role-playing game publishing company based in London and founded in 2000. It is co-owned by Simon J Rogers and Cat Tobin. It currently produces GUMSHOE System RPGs, 13th Age, the Diana Jones award-winning Hillfolk RPG, the Dying Earth Roleplaying Game, and other related products. It publishes fiction under the Stone Skin Press imprint.
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Publication types||Games, Books|
|Imprints||Stone Skin Press|
- The Esoterrorists and Fear Itself by Robin D. Laws, based on the Book of Unremitting Horror by Adrian Bott and Dave Allsop
- Trail of Cthulhu by Kenneth Hite
- Mutant City Blues, a near-future gritty police procedural Superhero setting by Robin Laws
- Ashen Stars, a darkly rebooted investigative Space Opera setting by Robin Laws
- Night's Black Agents, a game of action and espionage in a vampiric setting by Ken Hite
- TimeWatch, an investigative time travel game by Kevin Kulp
- Fall of Delta Green, a conspiracy horror game by Ken Hite set in the 1960s period of the Delta Green RPG setting.
GUMSHOE One-2-One is a re-imagining of the GUMSHOE system for one player, one GM gaming.
- Cthulhu Confidential
The Gaean Reach RPG and the forthcoming Yellow King RPG each combine elements with other system elements, including Skulduggery systems in the Gaean Reach and GUMSHOE One-2-One elements in The Yellow King. Similarly, Lorefinder grafts GUMSHOE investigative elements onto Paizo's Pathfinder RPG.
- 2014: Best Adventure (1st), Best Production Values (2nd), Best Rules (2nd)
- 2016: Best RPG Related Product (1st), Best Supplement (1st), Best Writing (1st), Product of the Year (1st), Best Adventure (2nd), Best Aid/Accessory (2nd), Best Electronic Book (2nd), Best Free Product (2nd), Fan’s Choice for Best Publisher (2nd)
Press coverage has noted Pelgrane's outsized ability to accomplish significant output despite its stature:
Pelgrane are a relatively small company in comparison to some of the other contenders and seeing them sweep the awards shelf is great. They are proof that at least in the table top world, quality products can still conquer the world.
- "About Stoneskin Press". Stone Skin Press. 2012-02-05. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "Pelgrane Press Win Big At ENnie Awards". www.followingthenerd.com. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "Pelgrane Press At GenCon 2016 (Part 1)". geeklyinc.com. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "2014 ENnie Awards Winners". ENnie Awards. 2014-07-14. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "Congratulations to our 2016 Award Winners". ENnie Awards. 2016-08-06. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "Bits and Mortar". Publisher Coalition Forms Pro-Retailer Pro-PDF Initiative Bits and Mortar