Paulette Coquatrix (born Clara Paulette Possicelsky, 26 April 1916 – 28 May 2018) was a French costume designer.
Clara Paulette Possicelsky
26 April 1916
|Died||28 May 2018 (aged 102)|
|Resting place||Cimetière du Père Lachaise|
|Spouse(s)||Bruno Coquatrix (m. 19??-1979; his death); 1 child|
When her husband Bruno Coquatrix died in 1979, she inherited Olympia Hall in equal shares with her daughter Patricia. She entrusted the general direction to her nephew Jean-Michel Boris, who joined the company in 1954.
Under her ownership, the Olympia Hall was destructed and rebuilt identically a few meters away from its original location in 1997. After Jean-Michel Boris was laid off from the Olympia by her daughter Patricia, tensions arose between Paulette and Patricia regarding the business management of the music hall. Coquatrix sold the auditorium to the Vivendi group in August 2001.
Paulette Coquatrix died on 28 May 2018 at the age of 102.
Clara Paulette Possicelsky married Bruno Coquatrix. She had 3 daguthers. Her daughter Patricia was the artistic director of the Olympia until January 2002. In November 2010, she inaugurated the newly-named street "rue Bruno Coquatrix" in Paris.
- "Paulette Coquatrix - Auteur - Ressources de la Bibliothèque nationale de France". data.bnf.fr (in French). Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- (in French) Dominique Chapuis, L'Olympia entonne l'air des profits, Lesechos.fr, 4 February 2004
- (in French) L'Olympia mis en scène par des promoteurs . La reconstruction à l'identique de la salle est au coeur d'un vaste projet immobilier., Liberation.fr, 8 December 1995
- (in French) L'olympia déménage, Lorientlejour.com, 15 April 1997
- (in French) « Tout sauf Patricia Coquatrix ! », Leparisien.fr, 27 August 2001
- (in French) La femme du jour Patricia Coquatrix, Humanite.fr, 1 February 2002
- « Rachat de l'Olympia, cette fois c'est signé », Le Parisien, 17 octobre 2001
- "Mort de Paulette Coquatrix, ancienne propriétaire de l'Olympia" (in French). Le Point. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- (in French) Paulette Coquatrix à la librairie Ravy, Letelegramme.fr, 20 August 2002
- "Ordre de la Legion D'Honneur Décret du 11 juillet 1997 portant promotion et nomination" (in French). 13 July 1997. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- (in French) Paulette Coquatrix, entourée de ses filles Ima, Patricia et Françoise lors du cocktail privé à L'Olympia le 30 novembre 2010, Purepeople.com, 30 November 2010
- "Patricia Coquatrix quitte l'Olympia". L'Obs (in French). 31 January 2002. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- (in French) Une rue Bruno Coquatrix à Paris, près de l'Olympia, Lepoint.fr, 19 November 2011
|This biographical article related to film in France is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a fashion designer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|