Paul J. DeMarco (born July 20, 1967) is an American lawyer and politician from the state of Alabama. He is a Republican member of the Alabama House of Representatives, representing the 46th district since 2005. He ran in the United States House of Representatives elections in Alabama, 2014 in the 6th in the Republican Party primary.
Paul J. DeMarco
|Member of the Alabama House of Representatives|
from the 46th district
April 26, 2005 – November 5, 2014
|Preceded by||Mark Gaines|
|Succeeded by||David Faulkner|
|Born||July 20, 1967|
|Alma mater||Auburn University|
University of Alabama School of Law
|Website||State Legislature Website|
|Paul DeMarco for Congress, Inc.|
|Campaign||United States House of Representatives elections, 2014|
|Slogan||Committed Conservative, |
DeMarco served as a page in the Alabama House while a high school student. He graduated cum laude from Auburn University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism 1990, and from the University of Alabama School of Law with a juris doctor in 1993, where he served as the editor-in-chief of the Alabama Law Review.
DeMarco was elected to the Alabama House in a 2005 special election. With Spencer Bachus retiring from the United States House of Representatives, DeMarco ran to succeed him in Alabama's 6th congressional district in the 2014 election. DeMarco advanced to a runoff election, where he was defeated by Gary Palmer.
Constitutions, Campaigns and Elections
Jefferson County Legislation
- "US House". Alabama Republican Party. February 7, 2014. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "Bachus to retire in 2014 after two decades in U.S. House". Shelby County Reporter. September 30, 2013. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- Contributed. "Rep. Paul DeMarco announces campaign for Congress | AL.com". Blog.al.com. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- ""Representative Paul DeMarco"]". Alabama House of Representatives. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- "Ala state Rep. Paul DeMarco running for Congress - ABC 33/40 - Birmingham News, Weather, Sports". ABC 33/40. October 24, 2013. Retrieved October 28, 2013.