|Born||31 March 1945|
|Died||10 January 2019(aged 73)|
|Occupation||Industrial Executive |
Malrieu attended high school in Paris, and went to École Estienne for college. He worked for the Brodard & Taupin printing office, and was soon promoted to technical director. After 10 years, Malrieu left for Oberthur Fiduciaire, where he would spend only one year. After that, he became head of printing for Ouest-France's Publihebdos SAS. He became president of printing press Auger-Mauger in 1999, and worked there until 2004. He would then retire from the printing industry.
In addition to his professional career, Malrieu was also invested in Breton culture. He began to collect traditional Breton music in 1967, and founded Dastum in 1972 to preserve and collect pieces of Breton work. He would preside over the organization for over 23 years. He supported a doctoral thesis on Breton folk music at The University of Rennes 2 in 1998. He was president of the Cultural Council of Brittany from 2003-2009.
From 2011 until his death, he was the president of Institut Culturel de Bretagne.
- Qui veut faire l’ange fait la bête : De la « gwerz » bretonne de Yann Girin à la légende hagiographique et au mythe, University of Rennes 2, Centre de recherches bretonnes et celtiques, 2010
- La chanson populaire de tradition orale en langue bretonne : contribution à l’établissement d’un catalogue, University of Rennes 2, 1998
- Histoire de la chanson populaire bretonne, Dastum/Skol, 1983
- "Décès du militant breton Patrick Malrieu". Ouest France (in French). 10 January 2019.
- "Patrick Malrieu : pourquoi je vais voter pour la liste Nous te ferons Bretagne". Agence Bretagne Press (in French). 12 March 2010.
- "Patrick Malrieu fait ses adieux au Conseil culturel de Bretagne". Agence Bretagne Press (in French). 22 February 2009.
- "Compte-rendu de l'assemblée générale extraordinaire de l'Institut culturel de Bretagne, Ploemeur, 1er octobre 2011". Agence Bretagne Press (in French). 18 July 2012.
- "Biographies des herminés, année 1999". icb.culture-bretagne.org (in French).