Pater Noster, or the Lord's Prayer, is a prayer in Christianity.
Pater Noster or Paternoster may also refer to:
Other uses edit
- Pater Noster (film), a 1993 Finnish drama film directed by Veikko Aaltonen
- Paternoster lift, a passenger elevator which consists of a chain of open compartments that move slowly in a loop up and down inside a building
- Paternoster beads, used in Christianity to recite the psalms
- Paternoster (surname), a surname
- Paternoster lake, one of a series of glacial lakes connected by a single stream or a braided stream system
- Paternoster Press, a British Christian publishing house
- Paternoster rig (fishing equipment), an arrangement of fishing line, hooks and sinkers.
See also edit
- Paternoster Row, once the centre of the London publishing trade, destroyed during the Blitz, replaced by:
- Paternoster Square, an urban development in London
- Paternoster Gang, a trio of recurring fictitious characters in the British science fiction television series Doctor Who, whose headquarters was on Paternoster Row
- Paternoster cross, repositioning the letters of the Sator Square