Pat Thane is a professor of Contemporary History at King's College London as well as a general historian. She teaches on the MA in Politics and Contemporary History: modules on Welfare and the State in Britain 1900-1945, 1945–present and contributes to modules on politics and society since c. 1900. She was the Leverhulme Professor of Contemporary British History in 1998–2001 at the Institute of Historical Research and a Professor at the University of Sussex from 1994 till 2001.
Thane is the UK Government's Chief Scientific Adviser to the Department for Work and Pensions on research capabilities and is a member of the international reference group on the Nordic welfare state for the Nordic Centre of Excellence (NordWel).
- Thane, Pat; Evans, Tanya (2012), Sinners? Scroungers? Saints? : unmarried motherhood in twentieth-century England, Oxford University Press, ISBN 0199578508
- Thane, Pat; Breitenbach, Esther (2010), Women and citizenship in Britain and Ireland in the twentieth century : what difference did the vote make?, Continuum, ISBN 1441149007
- Thane, Pat (2005), The long history of old age, Thames & Hudson, ISBN 9780500251263
- Johnson, Paul (1994), 20th century britain - economic, social and cultural change, contributed in sections 'The social, economic and political status of women' and 'Women since 1945', Longman, ISBN 0582228174
- Thane, Pat (1982), The foundations of the welfare state, Social policy in modern Britain, Longman, ISBN 9780582295155
- "Professor Pat Thane". KCL. 2016-08-10. Retrieved 2017-05-01.
- "Grant schemes - The Leverhulme Trust". Leverhulme.ac.uk. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Professor Pat Thane". KCL. 2013-05-15. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "History & Policy: who we are". Historyandpolicy.org. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Organisation – Nordic Centre of Excellence NordWel". Blogs.helsinki.fi. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Google Books". Google. Retrieved 2016-01-28.
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|