Passion (1954 film)
Passion is a 1954 American Western film directed by Allan Dwan and written by Howard Estabrook, Beatrice A. Dresher and Joseph Lejtes. The film stars Cornel Wilde, Yvonne De Carlo, Raymond Burr, Lon Chaney Jr., Rodolfo Acosta and John Qualen. The film was released on October 6, 1954, by RKO Pictures.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Allan Dwan|
|Produced by||Benedict Bogeaus|
|Screenplay by||Howard Estabrook|
Beatrice A. Dresher
|Story by||Beatrice A. Dresher|
Yvonne De Carlo
Lon Chaney Jr.
|Music by||Louis Forbes|
|Edited by||Carlo Lodato|
Benedict Bogeaus Production
|Distributed by||RKO Pictures|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2014)
A greedy California land baron stakes a claim to the property of Gaspar Melo, sending hired guns to seize control. A rancher, Juan Obreon, learns that Melo's granddaughter Rosa has given birth to a baby. Juan is the child's father and intends to marry Rosa, but she is forced to hide her new son before hired gun Sandro shoots her.
Rosa has a sister, Tonya, who flees before Sandro or his man Castro can find her. Captain Rodriguez, a friend of Juan's, becomes involved when Juan seeks vengeance for Rosa by killing the new land owner's men. Thanks to the captain's intervention, Juan is able to live in peace with Tonya and his child.
The film was known as Where the Wind Dies. Cornel Wilde's casting was announced in March 1954 with Benedict Bogeaus to produce for Filmcrest Productions and Harmon Jones to direct. Yvonne de Carlo signed to play his co-star.
Eventually Dwan directed. It was one of a series of movies Allan Dwan made for producer Benedict Bogeaus.
- "Passion (1954) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "Passion". TV Guide. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "Movie Review - Passion (1954) The Screen in Review; ' Passion': Wilde Is a Vaquero's Vaquero". The New York Times. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Hopper, H. (1954, Mar 09). Looking at hollywood. Chicago Daily Tribune (1923-1963) Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.sl.nsw.gov.au/docview/178646399?accountid=13902
- Yvonne's Persistence Making Believers of Her Critics Schallert, Edwin. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 02 May 1954: E1.
- By THOMAS M PRYOR Special to The New York Times. (1954, Mar 09). M-G-M HAS FINGER ON NATION'S PULSE. New York Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.sl.nsw.gov.au/docview/113128560?accountid=13902
- Lombardi, Frederic (2013). Allan Dwan and the Rise and Decline of the Hollywood Studios. McFarland. p. 281.