Parquet Courts, also known as Parkay Quarts, is an American rock band formed in New York City in 2010. The band consists of A. Savage (vocals, guitar), Austin Brown (vocals, guitar), Sean Yeaton (bass) and Max Savage (drums).
Parquet Courts: A. Savage, Austin Brown, Sean Yeaton, Max Savage
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
The band released their debut album, American Specialties, as a limited cassette release, in 2011. The band's second studio album, Light Up Gold (2012), was initially released on Savage's Dull Tools label and later reissued on What's Your Rupture? in 2013. Light Up Gold received widespread critical acclaim in both the DIY underground and mainstream rock press.
In 2014, the band reached #55 on the Billboard albums chart with its third studio album, Sunbathing Animal. Later in 2014, the band released "Uncast Shadow of a Southern Myth" as a single under an alternative name, Parkay Quarts. Soon after they released their fourth studio album, Content Nausea, on which Sean and Max were absent, due to other commitments.
- A. Savage – co-lead vocals, guitar
- Austin Brown – co-lead vocals, guitar, keyboards
- Sean Yeaton – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Max Savage – drums, percussion
- American Specialties (2011)
- Light Up Gold (2012)
- Sunbathing Animal (2014) #55 US
- Content Nausea (2014) (as Parkay Quarts)
- Human Performance (2016) #50 UK
- Wide Awake! (2018)
- Live at Third Man Records (2015)
- "Borrowed Time" 7" (2013)
- "Sunbathing Animal" 7" (2014)
- Thomas, Fred (2013-01-15). "Parquet Courts - Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- Thomas, Fred (2013-01-15). "Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- "Parkay Quartz (Parquet Courts) share 'Uncast Shadow Of A Southern Myth' and announce new album, 'Content Nausea'". The 405.
- "Whats Your Rupture?".
- "Parquet Courts Announce New Album Human Performance, Expand Tour, Share "Dust" Video". Pitchfork.
- "Thawing Dawn, by A. Savage". A. Savage Bandcamp. Retrieved 2017-11-10.