This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Pariah was an American hard rock band, formed in San Antonio, Texas, United States, while they knew each other in high school. The group consisted of Shandon Sahm son of Doug Sahm, brothers Kyle and Sims Ellison, Jared Tuten and David Derrick. Their influence was heavy metal and they were fans of Guns N' Roses.
|Origin||San Antonio, Texas, United States|
|Genres||heavy metal, glam metal, hard rock, alternative rock|
|Labels||Geffen Records, Sick Kid Productions, Not On Label|
|Past members||Shandon Sahm|
Their first album Rattle Your Skull was released in 1989 independently. They then were signed to Sick Kid Productions where their album Make Believe was recorded and released in 1992. In 1991 they signed with Geffen Records, recording their album, To Mock A Killingbird, which was released in 1993.
After Geffen dropped them out of their contract, Sims Ellison fell into a depression. He committed suicide on June 6, 1995, at the age of 28 of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The group immediately disbanded and Sahm and Kyle Ellison joined the Meat Puppets in 1999.
- 1989 - Rattle Your Skull (Not On Label)
- 1992 - Make Believe (Sick Kids Productions)
- 1993 - To Mock A Killingbird (Geffen Records)
- "Make Believe" 1993
- "Powerless" 1993
- David Derrick(vocals)
- Sims Ellison (bass)
- Kyle Ellison (vocals, guitar)
- Jared Tuten (guitar)
- Shandon Sahm (drums)
- "Every Day of Your Life". The Austin Chronicle. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- "After Sims Ellison took his life in 1995, foundation was set up to aid musicians with mental health woes". Austin360.com. 6 December 2010. Retrieved 2018-01-09.