Parashiva or Paramshiva (Sanskrit: परशिव, IAST: Paraśiva) is the highest Aspekt of Shiva in Saiva Siddhanta and in Kashmir Shaivism. Beyond him are here the primordial Shiva with the Parashakti und Sadashiva with 7 Shaktis.
According to the Saiva Siddhanta which is a major school of Shaivism Paramshiva is absolute reality which is beyond human comprehension and is beyond all attributes. In this aspect Lord Shiva is timeless, formless and spaceless. In Shaivite theology, Parashiva is both the source and the destination of everything in the universe.
The Shaivite concept of Parashiva does not correspond with the Vaishnavism concept of "Mahavishnu", the Shaktism concept of Adi Parashakti, and the Smartism concept of "Nirguna Brahman". because these belong to the Trimurti and the Tapoloka.
- "Glossary". search for "Paraśiva".
- Dancing with Siva. pp. ŚLOKA 16 (What Is the Nature of Our God Śiva?).
- Dancing with Siva. ŚLOKA 17(https://www.himalayanacademy.com/media/books/dancing-with-siva/web/ch02_02.html).
- Dancing with Siva. Himalayan Academy. search 'परमेश्वर ' and 'पराशक्ति '. ISBN 0945497946.
- "Hinduism for Children". Search for "Śivaliṅga".
- "36 tattva".
|This article about Hindu religious studies, scripture or ceremony is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|