Paradosi Ballet Company
Paradosi Ballet Company was founded in 2007 as the first professional Christian ballet company in the Pacific Northwest. Paradosi is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit Christian dance company that was established with the goal of sharing the love and teachings of Jesus through dance, drama, and personal witness. The organizations mission is to: "Worship God, Love People, Share the Gospel, and to Make Disciples of Jesus Everywhere We Go". The organization uses dance in Christian ministry by sharing Bible based story ballets, leading worship in churches, dancing during evangelistic outreach events, sharing the gospel message, and through the sharing of personal testimonies from the stage.
|Paradosi Ballet Company|
|Name||Paradosi Ballet Company|
|Founders||Joel & Tennille Carver|
|Executive Director||Jeff Bischoff|
|Official school||Surrendered School of Dance|
Paradosi's touring company performs throughout the US and internationally using dance as an evangelism tool, leading Christian churches in worship, and teaching master classes and choreography at studios and Universities. The touring company has toured extensively within the United States and in 2011 began embarking on international outreach tours. The touring company's primary international focus has been in France and Switzerland partnering with local and international ministry teams for evangelistic events during major arts festivals such as the Festival d'Avignon and Montreux Jazz Festival.
Paradosi's trainee program began in 2011 with two dancers and has grown to now include two levels of dance training. The Trainee Program was developed to help dancers to continue to grow in ballet artistically while learning how to use dance in ministry settings. The Trainee Program serves to feed dancers into the touring company while also preparing them to dance with other companies, become dance teachers, and to serve with other ministries. Dancers in the Trainee Program participate in ministry opportunities at local nursing homes, assisted living facilities, shelters, and schools.
School of DanceEdit
Paradosi's dance school, Surrendered School of Dance, formerly called Surrendered School of the Arts was established in 2009. The school offers dance classes in ballet, contemporary dance, hip hop, and expressive sign language for students from the ages of three through adult at four campuses in Tacoma, Orting, and Gig Harbor in Washington state. The schools Dance Ensemble, which is open to students in Ballet 3 and higher, dances and shares with audiences at local nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and churches.
Annual Summer Dance IntensiveEdit
Each summer Paradosi hosts an annual summer dance intensive for students ages 11 to 24 in Tacoma, Washington that draws students from across the United States and internationally. During the intensive students are exposed to different dance styles while learning choreography, participating in daily chapels, and Bible studies. At the end of the intensive students have an opportunity to share what they have learned during a gala performance for their family and friends.
Paradosi does not have one set choreographer. Paradosi pulls from the talent within the ministry, both current and past members, encouraging creative worshipful expression from the members of the ministry to keep the repertoire fresh and interesting for audiences.
Contributing choreographers include: Larissa Bischoff, Tabi Spurlin, Skylar Moore, Annie Dick, Roshelle Howard, Bonnie Calvert, Tennille Carver, Hope Livingston
All Things New (2020 - 2021)
Living Hope (2019 - 2020)
The Carols of Christmas (2018 - 2020 Version)
The Carols of Christmas (2016 - 2017 Version)
Closer (2016 - 2018)
Identity (2014 - 2015)
Forever (2014 - 2016)
I AM (2013 - 2014)
Commissioned (2008 - 2015)
Awakening (2012 - 2013)
A Walk With Paul (2008 - 2013)
Sealed (2010 - 2012)
Project Grace (2007 - 2009)
- Paradosi Ballet Company website
- Western Seminary CLD: September 1, 2019: Partners in Action
- News & Events of Grand Canyon University: April 20, 2017: Paradosi Ballet Guest Choreographer
- Methow Arts: September 27, 2015: Paradosi Ballet Company at The Merc Playhouse
- The Topeka Capital Journal: August 28, 2014: Bill Blankenship: Lacee Ebert Prepares to Step Into Ballet Leadership Role
- The University Place Patch: January 30, 2014: Surrendered School of the Arts Celebrates 5 years!
- Surrender Magazine: February 2013: Pages 27-35: Living Worship, A Peek Inside Paradosi Ballet Company
- Bischoff, Jeff (February 2013). "Living Worship, A Peek Inside Paradosi Ballet Company". Surrender Magazine. 3 (2): 27–35 . Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "What We Believe". Paradosi Ballet Company. 12 May 2019. Retrieved 12 May 2019.
- Estes, Krys (2018-03-07). "Buckeye Dancer Returns Home". West Valley View. Goodyear, AZ: AZ Integrated Media. p. 22. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- Blankenship, Bill (28 August 2014). "Contributing Writer". The Topeka Capital Journal. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "Paradosi Ballet at Break The Barriers". Break the Barriers. 13 March 2018. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- Merrill, Laurie (20 April 2017). "Paradosi Ballet Company Guest Choreographer". Grand Canyon University. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "Surrendered School of the Arts Celebrates 5 years!". The University Place Patch. 30 January 2014. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- Nesby, Kacie (6 August 2012). "Dance Classes Are About To Begin". Orting News. Retrieved 3 November 2012.