Paprika Original Soundtrack
Paprika Original Soundtrack (「パプリカ」オリジナルサウンドトラック, “Papurika” Orijinaru Saundotorakku) is the soundtrack to the 2006 film Paprika and was released on November 23, 2006 under the TESLAKITE label. It was composed by Susumu Hirasawa. A bonus movie was included with the CD.
|Paprika Original Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||23 November 2006|
|Studio||Studio WIRESELF 2002 Solar Version|
|Label||Chaos Union, TESLAKITE|
|Susumu Hirasawa soundtrack chronology|
The soundtrack is notable for being one of the first film scores to use Vocaloid (Lola as the "voicebank") for vocals. It's also the last of Hirasawa's albums where an Amiga computer was used for composition. All MIDI was sequenced through an Amiga 4000 running the Bars n Pipes program.
All tracks are written by Susumu Hirasawa.
|1.||"Parade" (パレード Parēdo)||5:45|
|2.||"Mediational Field" (媒介野 Baikaiya)||4:59|
|3.||"A Blind Spot in a Corridor" (回廊の死角 Kairō no Shikaku)||1:59|
|4.||"Welcome to the Circus" (サーカスへようこそ Sākasu e Yōkoso)||1:00|
|5.||"A Tree in the Dark" (暗がりの木 Kuragari no Ki)||1:26|
|6.||"Escapee" (逃げる者 Nigeru Mono)||3:14|
|8.||"The Shadow" (その影 Sono Kage)||3:19|
|9.||"A Drop Filled with Memories" (滴いっぱいの記憶 Shizuku Ippai no Kioku)||4:39|
|10.||"Chaser" (追う者 Ou Mono)||3:03|
|11.||"Prediction" (予期 Yoki)||1:44|
|12.||"Parade" (パレード Parēdo) (instrumental)||5:51|
|13.||"The Girl in Byakkoya - White Tiger Field" (白虎野の娘 Byakkoya no Musume) (Paprika Ending Theme) (パプリカ・エンディングテーマ Papurika Endingu Tēma)||4:47|
|14.||"The Girl in Byakkoya - White Tiger Field" (白虎野の娘 Byakkoya no Musume) (short movie) (extra track)||2:35|
|2.||"Runner" (走る者 Hashiru Mono)||3:03|
"Parade" was originally released on the album Byakkoya - White Tiger Field. "The Girl in Byakkoya - White Tiger Field" is a slight rerecording of that album's title track.
- Susumu Hirasawa - Voice, Electronic keyboard, Amiga, Personal computer, Digital audio workstation, Synthesizers, Vocaloid, Sampler, Sequencer, Programming, Production
- Masanori Chinzei - Recording, Mixing, Mastering
- Rihito Yumoto and Mika Hirano (Chaos Union) - A&R
- Kiyoshi Inagaki - Design
- Jodi Tack - Album Art Direction (US release)
- Hideki Namai - Photography
- Satoshi Kon - Art (movie stills on US release)
- Syotaro Takami and Nicholas D. Kent - Translation
- Dave Plisky - Translation (US release)
- Masaru Owaku - VideoClip direction
- Thanks: UK Nakagaw, Usagi Tanaka
|Japan||November 23, 2006||Chaos Union, Teslakite||enhanced CD||CHTE-0038||Comes in cardboard slipcase.|
|France||February 26, 2007||Milan Entertainment||enhanced CD||399 107-2|
|United States||May 22, 2007||enhanced CD||M2-36284||Has all-new package design centered around the film. Cover is detail from the US release's poster.|
- "お姉さんを磨け" [Refining the Young Lady]. NO ROOM. HIRASAWA三行log [Hirasawa Three-Line log] (in Japanese). Chaos Union. 23 August 2008. Archived from the original on 29 March 2010. Retrieved 15 July 2010.
- Tomita, Akihiro (12 December 2008). バーチャルな「女性」への欲望とは何か [What is the Desire for a Virtual "Woman"]. Eureka Comprehensive Special Issue ♪ Hatsune Miku — an Angel That Landed on the Net (in Japanese). Vol. 40 no. 15. Seidosha. p. 60. ISBN 978-4-7917-0187-2.