This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Too scattered. The details need to be in a section or two (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Pantsir-M is a Russian jamming-resistant naval close-in weapon system (CIWS) which entered service in 2018. Pantsir-M is equipped with friend or foe identification system and armed with naval version of the Pantsir's 57E6 missiles and Hermes-K missiles. Its secondary armament are two six-barreled 30×165mm GSh-6-30K/AO-18KD rotary cannons (range 5 km). Same as on Kashtan-M. Pantsir-M is fully automated and can engage up to four targets simultaneously at a range of up to 20 km and can operate as a battery of up to four modules. Pantsir-M can intercept sea skimming missiles flying as low as two meters above the surface. If a target isn't sufficiently destroyed by Pantsir's missile attack it can automatically direct its cannons against it. Pantsir-M's phased array radar, electro-optical/infrared targeting and identification system are based on that of Pantsir's 1RS2-1.
|Type||Ship-based CIWS/Missile launcher|
|Place of origin||Russian Federation|
|Used by||Russian Federation|
|Rate of fire||10000 rounds/minute|
|Maximum firing range||20km|
|Hermes-K missiles and 57E6 missiles|
|Two 30×165mm AO-18KD|
- Range: 20 km
- Altitude: 15 km
- Reaction time: 3–5 s
- Rate of fire: 10000 rounds per minute
There are two versions: the Pantsir-M domestic version and the Pantsir-ME export version.
- Litovkin, Nikolai (June 28, 2017). "New Russian naval missile system shown off to the world". www.rbth.com.
- Rogoway, Tyler. "Russia To Begin Testing Its Fearsome New "Pantsir-ME" Naval Close-In Defense System". Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "IMDS 2017: Rostec unveils Pantsir-ME naval weapon, adds details on the system – Jane's 360". www.janes.com. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "Rostec launches new Pantsir-ME missile to protect ships against air threats". Naval Technology. 2 July 2017. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "Rostec Confirms Operational Debut For Pantsir-M | Aviation Week Network". aviationweek.com.