Panamanian Social Security Fund
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Panamanian Social Security Fund (CSS) or Caja de Seguro Social Panameña (as it is known in Spanish) is a public institution of the Republic of Panama that is in charge of the planning, control and administration of the contingencies of the social security of Panama. The Social Security Fund was founded on March 21, 1941, by means of Law No. 23. The main headquarters of the Panama Social Security Fund is in the capital of Panama, Panama City. This public institution is the one most frequently visited by Panamanian citizens regarding the issue of social security. In the National Health System of Panama, the Social Security Fund insures 80% of the population, of health services and economic benefits, 20% of the so-called uninsured population, is attended at their cost in the National System of health by the Ministry of Health.
|Caja de Seguro Social|
|Annual budget||B/. 6,108,700 million (2020)|
The Panamanian Social Security Fund is in charge of administering and governing the social security system of the Republic of Panama. The social security fund is responsible for coordinating pensions, plans such as survival, disability and old age. The social security fund also offers benefits to the civilian population, such as: maternity benefits and sickness benefits, all these benefits are administered by the social security fund of the republic of Panama.
The headquarters of the Social Security Fund is located in the capital of Panama, Panama City, in the district of Ancón, Clayton, on Calle Demetrio Basilio Lakas. Currently where the headquarters of the Social Security Fund is located, part of the Panama Canal Zone was located, which was an unincorporated territory of the United States.
The positions of the directors and executive directors, together with their respective officials, of the Social Security Fund Board of Directors:
- Director general: Enrique Lau Córtes
- Deputy director general: Francisco Bustamante Peña
- General secretary: Daniel Delgado Diamante
- Executive director of Health Services and Benefits: Felix Camargo Ardines
Executive Director of Human ResourcesEdit
- Roberto Crespo Lezcana
Executive Director of Finance and AdministrationEdit
- José Croston
Executive Director of Economic BenefitsEdit
- Dídimos Barrios
Executive Director of LegalEdit
- Benicio Robinson
Executive Director of Insured ServicesEdit
- Alfredo Petterson
Executive Director of Innovation and TransformationEdit
- Carlos Rodriguez
Executive Director of CommunicationsEdit
- Mara Rivera
Executive Director of Infrastructure and Support ServicesEdit
- Carlos Rodriguez
- "Seguridad Social - Caja de Seguro social". www.css.gob.pa. Retrieved 18 April 2020.
- "Caja de Seguro Social - Panamá". css.gob.pa. Retrieved 22 June 2020.
- "BNamericas - Caja de Seguro Social (CSS)". BNamericas.com. Retrieved 20 June 2020.
- "Dirección General - Caja de Seguro Social Panamá". css.gob.pa. Retrieved 22 June 2020.
- [http://www.css.gob.pa/web/11-febrero-2020ah.html#:~:text=Enrique%20Lau%20Cort%C3%A9s,%20director%20general,Arnulfo%20Arias%20Madrid%E2%80%9D%20(CHDr. "DIRECTOR GENERAL DE LA CSS PRESENTA AL NUEVO DIRECTOR M�DICO DEL COMPLEJO | CSS Panam�"]. www.css.gob.pa. Retrieved 2020-11-01. replacement character in
|title=at position 56 (help)
- "Bancada del PRD condiciona ratificación del director de la CSS | La Prensa Panamá". www.prensa.com (in Spanish). 2017-04-27. Retrieved 2020-11-01.