Palms is an American post-metal supergroup that formed in 2011. The group features Deftones' vocalist Chino Moreno and three members of the post-metal band Isis: bassist Jeff Caxide, drummer Aaron Harris and guitarist Bryant Clifford Meyer.
|Genres||Post-metal, alternative rock|
|Associated acts||Deftones, Isis, Team Sleep, Crosses|
After the demise of Isis in 2010, Caxide, Harris and Meyer decided they wanted to continue making music together. Moreno, a longtime Isis fan, joined later, saying, "I've always dug the moods these dudes convey with their sound. I am excited to combine my sense of creativity with theirs, and to have fun doing so".
Palms also proved to be an outlet for Caxide, Harris and Meyer to expand their sound beyond what Isis was. Caxide said, "I think a lot of people are expecting this to sound like Isis with Chino singing. That's not what this is, because that's not exciting". The former Isis members intentionally strayed away from the compositional methods of their former band. Caxide said, "When we were writing these songs, I was coming up with ideas that I would never have presented to Isis. I don't want to call this 'pop music,' but it's more in that vein than anything I've ever done".
The group's self-titled debut album, which was originally expected to be released in 2012, was released on June 25, 2013 by Ipecac Recordings—a label that was co-founded by Mike Patton (Faith No More, Mr. Bungle) and released many of Isis' albums. Harris recorded and mixed the album. Harris recorded his drum tracks at  Joe Barresi's (Queens of the Stone Age, Melvins) House of Compression studio, and Moreno recorded his vocals at Harris' home studio. In July 2013, Palms performed four shows in California in support of their debut album.
Palms released a music video for "Future Warrior" in September 2013, directed by Jon Mancinetti.
- Jeff Caxide – bass, guitar (2011–present)
- Aaron Harris – drums (2011–present)
- Bryant Clifford Meyer – guitars, keyboards (2011–present)
- Chino Moreno – vocals, guitar (2011–present)
- Chuck Doom – keyboards, bass (2013-present)
- "Future Warrior"
- "Mission Sunset"
- "Deftones Frontman Joins Forces With Former Isis Members In Palms". Blabbermouth.net. Roadrunner Records. April 25, 2012. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- Bennett, J (September 2012). "Studio Report: Palms". Decibel. Red Flag Media Inc. (95). ISSN 1557-2137.
- Coplan, Chris (April 25, 2012). "Deftones' Chino Moreno, ex-Isis members form Palms". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- Hudson, Alex (February 11, 2013). "Deftones/Isis Spinoff Palms Confirm June Release Date for Self-Titled Debut". Exclaim!. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- Martins, Chris (May 1, 2013). "Hear Deftones' Chino Moreno and Ex-Isis Members Unite as Palms". Spin. Buzz Media. Retrieved May 2, 2013.
- Palms Band (September 30, 2013). "Palms - Future Warrior [Official Music Video]". YouTube. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- "PALMS (DEFTONES, Ex-ISIS) Announces Southwestern U.S. Tour For September - Metal Injection". Metalinjection.net. June 27, 2014. Retrieved November 28, 2017.