Pall Mall Barbers
Number of locations
The first Pall Mall Barbers store is located on a historic site at 27 Whitcomb Street, near Trafalgar Square, London. Records indicate that the building has been a barber shop since the original Pall Mall Toilet Salon was established in 1896. Marshall purchased the premises in 2005 and renamed it Pall Mall Barbers.
Pall Mall Barbers was founded by Richard Marshall in 2005 when he converted the former Pall Mall Toilet Company into the original Pall Mall Barbers location at Trafalgar Square. Marshall expanded the brand from 1 store to 7, the most recent one being in New York City.
By the end of the 2000s leading into the 2010s, the "wet shave" was experiencing a resurgence in popularity thanks to the introduction of replaceable blades in straight razors. Marshall opened 3 more stores over the course of 8 years.
In December 2018, Pall Mall Barbers opened in New York City, at the Rockefeller Center.
On February 14, 2019, Prince William visited the Pall Mall Barbers Paddington location in London. According to People Magazine, Pall Mall Barbers is a member of the Lions Barber Collective, a group of barber shops that instructs its employees in how to recognize the signs of mental illness and help prevent suicide. The training provided to these barbers is called BarbersTalk.
On January 20, 2019, Pall Mall Barbers was awarded the Board of Trade Award from the British Board of Trade.
- "Pall Mall Barbers: Taking a hundred year old business to the next level - Innovation and enterprise blog". Blogs.bl.uk. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- "LONDON CREATIVE: Richard Marshall". Onin.london. November 6, 2016. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- "Regional Voice". Fsb.org.uk. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- Gerard, Jasper (January 25, 2010). "Wet shaving: the joys of the traditional barber's blade". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- "Pall Mall Barbers opens new shop at King's Cross". Ldnfashion.com. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- "Pall Mall Barbers: where a century-old tradition meets modernity - Innovation and enterprise blog". Blogs.bl.uk. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- America, Good Morning. "Prince William visits men's mental health charities". Good Morning America. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- "Prince William visits men's mental health charities in London". ABC News. February 15, 2019. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- "Heir Cut, Your Highness? Prince William Visits Barber Shop to Hear Men Speak Out About Mental Health". People.com. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- Magazine, Royal Life (February 8, 2019). "Duke of Cambridge to Visit Two Projects Supporting Men with Their Mental Health". Royallifemagazine.co.uk. Retrieved April 15, 2019.
- "Inspirational exporters recognised with board of trade awards". Gov.uk. Retrieved April 15, 2019.