Pablo Pineda (born 1974) is a Spanish actor who received the Concha de Plata Award at the 2009 San Sebastián International Film Festival for his performance in the film Yo, también. In the film he plays the role of a university graduate with Down syndrome, which is quite similar to his real life.
|Awards||Silver Shell award at 2009 San Sebastián International Film Festival|
Pineda lives in Málaga and has worked at the municipality. He holds a diploma in Teaching and a BA in Educational psychology. He was the first student with Down syndrome in Europe to obtain a university degree. In the future he wants to make his career in teaching, instead of acting. Upon his arrival back to Málaga, Francisco de la Torre, the mayor of the city, welcomed him with the "Shield of the City" award on behalf of the city council. At the time he was promoting his film and giving lectures on incapacity and education, as he has been doing for many years.
Pineda currently works with the Adecco Foundation in Spain, giving presentations at conferences on the labour-integration plan that the foundation is carrying out with him. In 2011 Pablo talked in Colombia (Bogota, Medellin), demonstrating the social inclusion of people with disabilities.
Pineda also collaborates with the "Lo que de verdad importa" Foundation.
- "Film prize for actor with Down's". BBC News. BBC. 28 September 2009. Retrieved 28 September 2009.
- "Interview: "Down Syndrome is not a Disease, but Another Personal Characteristic"". DisabilityWorld.org. June–August 2002. Archived from the original on 6 February 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2009.
- Gil, Irene; Herrero, Mireia; Gómez, Isabel (21 October 2011). "Pablo Pineda, primer licenciado europeo con síndrome de Down, comparte en Murcia su historia de superación y los retos para afrontar el universo laboral actual" (PDF). Fundación Adecco (in Spanish). p. 2. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 June 2012. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Mejías, Inma (29 September 2009). "Pablo Pineda: 'Hoy parezco Brad Pitt'". elmundo.es. Unidad Editorial Internet, S.L. Retrieved 28 September 2009.
- "Pablo Pineda prepara unas oposiciones porque quiere "salir de casa"". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). 28 September 2009. Retrieved 28 September 2009.
- Fajardo, María (28 September 2009). "Pablo Pineda prefiere "tener los pies en la tierra al faranduleo"". Cadena COPE. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 28 September 2009.
- "Pablo Pineda compartió su experiencia de vivir con síndrome de Down". El País. 1 October 2011. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- "Pablo Pineda comparte su historia con los más pequeños". Fundación Lo Que De Verdad Importa (in Spanish). 2018-09-02. Retrieved 2020-02-17.