PLOS Biology is a monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal covering all aspects of biology. Publication began on October 13, 2003. It was the first journal of the Public Library of Science. The editor-in-chief is Nonia Pariente.
|Edited by||Nonia Pariente|
|License||Creative Commons Attribution License|
|ISO 4||PLOS Biol.|
In addition to research articles, the journal publishes magazine content aimed to be accessible to a broad audience. Article types in this section are essays, "unsolved mysteries", editorials, and synopses.
Abstracting and indexingEdit
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Biological Abstracts[verification needed]
- BIOSIS Previews[full citation needed]
- Current Contents/Agriculture, Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- Index Medicus/MEDLINE/PubMed
- Science Citation Index
- The Zoological Record
According to Journal Citation Reports, the journal had a 2019 impact factor of 7.076. The journal does not list this impact factor on its website. Instead, the journal promotes the use of article level metrics to provide a measure of the impact of their published articles.
- "What We Publish". PLOS Biology. Archived from the original on 2014-04-30. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Public Library Of Science Launches PLoS Biology: New Open-Access Journal Will Increase Access To Scientific Research And Speed Scientific Discovery". ScienceDaily. Public Library of Science. 14 October 2003. Archived from the original on 2014-12-14. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Biological Abstracts - Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Archived from the original on 2018-12-14. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Displaying Record for Publication: PLoS Biology". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Archived from the original on 2020-09-22. Retrieved 22 September 2020.
- "Embase journal titles (February 2020)" (XLSX). Embase. Elsevier. February 2020. Archived from the original on 2020-09-22. Retrieved 22 September 2020.
- "PLOS Biology". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Archived from the original on 2018-12-15. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Source details: PLoS Biology". Scopus. Elsevier. Archived from the original on 2020-09-22. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "PLOS Biology". 2017 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2018.
- Taylor, Mike (21 February 2012). "It's Not Academic: How Publishers Are Squelching Science Communication". The Crux. Discover. Archived from the original on 2019-01-19. Retrieved 14 December 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to PLoS Biology.|