This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
PFFR Forever Ltd., traditionally known as PFFR (pronounced as if PFR) is a Brooklyn based production company/art collective/electronic rock band consisting of John Lee, Alyson Levy, Vernon Chatman and Jim Tozzi. The group has been active since 2001.
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, U.S.|
|Genres||Electronic rock, experimental rock, neo-psychedelia|
They Might Be Giants
|Past members||Dina Waxman|
The group's portfolio of work includes 3 albums, two 7" EPs and a download-only EP (plus a string of live performances as a band), various art exhibits such as An Attack On All Americans Or The Tyranny Of Weed shown at the LFL Galley in New York, and the script for the film Final Flesh. In 2010 they held an exhibition/video screening of a selection of their work entitled PFFR Presents Legacy IIX which took place at the Synchronicity Space in Los Angeles, CA between April 3 and May 1.
PFFR are also active in television comedy. They wrote, directed, produced and starred in the MTV2 variety show Wonder Showzen (2005–2006) and the Adult Swim CGI series Xavier: Renegade Angel. For both these shows, Chatman and Lee are the directors and main voice talent, whilst Tozzi and Levy are the animation/character designer and art director, respectively. Levy provides additional voices for both shows whilst Tozzi does only for 'Xavier'. PFFR are also responsible for producing, directing and co-writing Jon Glaser's Adult Swim show Delocated.
Chatman and Lee collaborated on Doggy Fizzle Televizzle, a short lived sketch show starring Snoop Dogg, although this was not an official PFFR production. Following this show, Snoop Dogg made a guest appearance on PFFR's 'United We Doth' LP as well as a second-season episode of Xavier: Renegade Angel.
Chatman provided the voice for South Park character Towelie and worked as a staff writer/consultant on the show in 2004. He returned to the show in 2009 as a producer. He has written for Matt Stone and Trey Parker's short lived sitcom That's My Bush, Late Night with Conan O'Brien and The Chris Rock Show.
Levy directed the documentary film The Hands Of God about Christian puppeteers. She had a photography exhibition at Momenta Art, Brooklyn, in 2000 which featured a selection of photographs depicting various spoof sitcom scenes starring herself and friend Janeane Garofalo. She is also married to Lee.
Tozzi is an independent artist and has worked as a member of the production companies KanDoKid and T.H.E.M. directing a number of television commercials.
Lee was previously a member of the now defunct rock band Muckafurgason. He is known as a supertaster through the song "John Lee Supertaster" by the alternative rock band They Might Be Giants, with whom he is close friends.
|Headquarters||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
Xavier: Renegade Angel
PFFR Productions (otherwise known as PFFFR in the closing logo) is an American film and television arm of PFFR Forever Ltd. The company is best known for MTV's Wonder Showzen, as well as Adult Swim's Xavier: Renegade Angel. They also produced the 2008 Adult Swim pilot Neon Knome, which would later be worked as The Problem Solverz on Cartoon Network in 2011.
- Rock, Rocker, Rocketh (2001, self-released)
- Injustice Center (2003, Invasion Planete France)
- United We Doth (2004, Birdman)
- Chrome Ghost (Download only EP) (2005, Birdman-A-Phone)
- Dark Louds Over Red Meat (2018, Housewife Records)
- "Sacajaweahhh" (from Injustice Center LP)
- "Our Concern" (from Injustice Center LP)
- "Superfine" (from United We Doth LP)
- "Japoney Appoe" (from United We Doth LP)
- Doggy Fizzle Televizzle (2002–2003; not an official PFFR production, but created by Chatman & Lee)
- Kenny the Shark (2003–2006; theme song only)
- Wonder Showzen (2005–2006)
- Xavier: Renegade Angel (2007–2009)
- Y'All So Stupid (2007–2008; web series)
- Neon Knome (2007; picked up as The Problem Solverz which PFFR was not involved in)
- Totally 4 Teens (2011; not an official PFFR production, but Chatman is one of the executive producers)
- Delocated (2009–2013)
- The Heart, She Holler (2011–2014)
- Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter (2015–present)
- M.O.P.Z. (2016)
- Jon Glaser Loves Gear (2016–present)
- Gigglefudge, USA! (2016)
- At Home with Amy Sedaris (2017–present)
- The Suplex Duplex Complex (2017)
- The Shivering Truth (2018)
- PFFR Website
- PFFR at Birdman Records
- PFFR at IMDb
- Audio interview with Lee & Chatman on the public radio show The Sound of Young America (also features Jim Gaffigan)
- Archived interview with PFFR by Jason Thompson shortly after the release of Rock, Rocker, Rocketh. Originally published on the Echo From Esoterica website.
- Review of Rock, Rocker, Rocketh on PopMatters by Jason Thompson.
- Review of Dark Louds Over Red Meat at BrooklynVegan