Pınarbaşı, formerly Tekkeşin, is a town and district of the Kastamonu Province in the Black Sea region of Turkey. According to the 2000 census, population of the district is 5,978 of which 2,270 live in the town of Pınarbaşı. The district covers an area of 513 km2 (198 sq mi), and the town lies at an elevation of 742 m (2,434 ft).
Location of Pınarbaşı within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Mehmet Yılmaz (AKP)|
|• District||513.38 km2 (198.22 sq mi)|
|Elevation||742 m (2,434 ft)|
|• District density||9.9/km2 (26/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (XLS) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Pınarbaşı, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- District governor's official website (in Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (in Turkish)
|This geographical article about a location in Kastamonu Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|