Overseas Chinese Town
Overseas Chinese Town (OCT, simplified Chinese: 华侨城; traditional Chinese: 華僑城; pinyin: huáqiáo chéng; Jyutping: Waa4 Kiu4 Sing4) is the colloquial name for a cluster of scenic spots in Nanshan District of Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China, around the Window of the World Station, Overseas Chinese Town Station, Qiaocheng East Station and Qiaocheng North Station of the Luobao Line (Line 1) and Shekou Line (Line 2) of Shenzhen Metro. In the future, Meilin Line (Line 9) will also pass this area and serve OCT Harbour (OCT Bay) and the University of Hong Kong-Shenzhen Hospital. It is classified as an AAAAA scenic area by the China National Tourism Administration.
The area features a number of theme parks, they include Splendid China, Chinese Folk Culture Village, Window of the World, and Happy Valley Shenzhen. It is currently owned and operated by Overseas Chinese Town Enterprises and its subsidiaries. OCT Tower is situated here.
OCT Contemporary Art Terminal is in the community.
Schools for local students:
In addition, the Shenzhen Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry organizes a Korean Saturday school because many Korean students are not studying in Korean-medium schools; the school had about 600 students in 2007. The chamber uses rented space in the OCT Primary School as the Korean weekend school's classroom.
- "AAAAA Scenic Areas". China National Tourism Administration. 16 November 2008. Archived from the original on 4 April 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2011.
- The Overseas Chinese Town
- Top Eight Shenzhen Scenic Spots-Overseas Chinese Town Archived 2016-11-16 at the Wayback Machine
- Lanyon, Charlie (2014-05-22). "There's a lot more to our neighbour Shenzhen than cheap suits and massages". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2020-04-26.
- Home. OCT Elementary School (华侨城小学). Retrieved on May 3, 2019. "通讯地址：深圳市南山区华侨城侨城东街二号"
- Home. OCT High School. Retrieved on May 3, 2019. "华侨城中学（侨城部） [...] 通讯地址：深圳市南山区华侨城侨城东街4号"
- "ShenZhen, Koreans' second hometown". Shenzhen Daily at China.org.cn. 2007-09-28. Retrieved 2019-05-03.
- Overseas Chinese Town Holding Company
- Huaqiaocheng Station with exits in English/Chinese/Pinyin
- OCT BAY Mangrove Groove 3D Watershow