The Ottawa Braves are the athletic teams that represent Ottawa University in Ottawa, Kansas. They are part of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), competing in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference (KCAC).
|Conference||Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference|
|Athletic director||Arabie Conner|
|Football stadium||AdventHealth Field|
|Basketball arena||Wilson Field House|
|Colors||Black and Gold|
|Men's Sports||Women's Sports|
Track & Field
Track & Field
Ottawa University first put a football team on the field in 1891. As of the conclusion of the 2008 season, the total record of the football team is 117 years, 970 games, 502 victories, 421 defeats, 47 ties. The current 2009 season has the Braves 10-0 and conference champions. The first time in the history of the school that this has happened. They are currently ranked number 20 in the nation. The current football coach is Kent Kessinger, who has held the position since the 2004 season.
Bowl games and postseason playEdit
- Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference Style Guide (PDF). July 6, 2016. Retrieved July 10, 2016.
- Ottawa Braves Football yearly records
- "OU-AdventHealth Ottawa ink agreement". 2019-09-25. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Mineral Water Bowl All-time results
- "#11 Ottawa to Host #18 Baker Saturday on the Gridiron". Victory Sports Network. August 24, 2012. Retrieved August 24, 2012.