Ōshima Airport (大島空港, Ōshima Kūkō), also known as Tokyo Ōshima Camellia Airport (東京大島かめりあ空港, Tokyo Ōshima Kameria Kūkō), is an airport located on the island of Izu Ōshima, Tokyo, Japan (IATA: OIM, ICAO: RJTO).
|Airport type||Public (Type-3)|
|Serves||Izu Ōshima Town|
|Location||Izu Ōshima, Tokyo|
|Elevation AMSL||124 ft / 38 m|
Source: Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
Ōshima Airport was built in June 1964, with a 1,200 metres (3,900 ft) runway. The runway was lengthened to its present 1,800 metres (5,900 ft) length in October 2002 to permit operations by jet-powered aircraft. From August 2008, All Nippon Airways (ANA) began daily services to Haneda Airport in Tokyo. New Central Airservice began operations to Chofu Airport from 2009. ANA ended service to Oshima in October 2015. Since 9 July 2021, Oshima Airport has been called Tokyo Oshima Camellia Airport (東京大島カメリア空港, Tōkyō Ōshima Kacmeria Kūkō) as nickname.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
|New Central Airservice||Chōfu|
|Toho Air Service||Miyakejima, Toshima|
Oshima Airport is operated by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government. The terminal is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily and contains a restaurant, shop and observation deck. The Japan Civil Aviation Bureau and Japan Meteorological Agency maintain offices on-site.
- Ōshima Airport Terminal Bus stop
|Ōshima Kōen Line||Okata Port||Ōshima Kōen||Ōshima Bus||When there isn't a flight, you can get on a bus at Ōshima Airport Iriguchi Bus stop. It takes about ten minutes from the airport to there on foot.|
|Oshima Highschool||Motomachi Port|
- Kuko kitaguchi Bus stop
It is located north of Airport Terminal, it takes 5 minutes from this airport on foot.
|Buratto・Nodahama Line||Nodahama||Okata Port||Ōshima Bus||Runs on only between July and August.|
- "Oshima Airport" (PDF). Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 October 2016. Retrieved 7 January 2017.
- About nickname of Oshima Airport
- A statement on decision of nickname
- Kohase, Yusuke (26 October 2015). ANA、大島空港所廃止 人事異動も. Aviation Wire (in Japanese). Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- 路線・時刻表 (in Japanese). Toho Air Service. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- 大島空港のサービス (in Japanese). Bureau of Port and Harbor, Tokyo Metropolitan Government. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- Tokyo Oshima Camellia Airport
- Oshima Airport Branch - Tokyo District Meteorological Observatory
- ANA Airlines airport guide