Opus Energy Limited supplies gas and electricity to businesses across the United Kingdom. It purchases electricity from wind, solar, hydro, and anaerobic digestion generators, and provides support to develop energy-generating sites. It is headquartered in Northampton, United Kingdom with an additional office in Oxford. It shares the same management as Haven Power
|Headquarters||Drax Power Station, England, UK|
|Paul Sheffield, (Managing Director)|
Number of employees
|860 (January 2017)|
The company was established in 2001 as Oxford Power Holdings Limited; it was renamed on 28 October 2010. On 6 December 2016 it was announced that Opus Energy had entered into a binding conditional agreement for the sale of the entire issues share capital to Drax Developments Limited, a member of the Drax Group. The deal completed on 10 February 2017.
On Thursday 8 October, Opus Energy announced that its Fuel Mix Disclosure for the reporting period April 2019 to March 2020 remained 100% renewable. It is the third consecutive year that its electricity is 100% renewable, where its electricity supply has been independently verified by EcoAct.
- Reuters (2016-12-06). "Drax moves away from coal to bid on Opus Energy and gas plants". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-12-06.
- "Preliminary results for the twelve months ended 31 December 2016" (PDF). Drax Group. 2017-02-16. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
The Opus acquisition was a major transaction and was subject to shareholder approval. The acquisition was approved by shareholders on 8 February 2017 and completed on the 10 February 2017.
- "Our energy sources". Opus Energy. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- "Research suggests SMEs favouring on site renewable energy". Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "Opus Energy announces 100% renewable electricity in 2020 Fuel Mix Disclosure". www.opusenergy.com. Retrieved 2020-10-16.