Oprah Winfrey Presents: Mitch Albom's For One More Day
For One More Day is a 2007 television film adaptation of the Mitch Albom's novel of the same name, which was a The New York Times Best Seller. Produced by Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Productions, the film stars Michael Imperioli and Ellen Burstyn as leads. Director Lloyd Kramer also directed the TV film version of Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Michael Imperioli who also appeared in the previous film, had his son, Vadim, play his younger version in this film.
|For One More Day|
|Written by||Mitch Albom (author & teleplay)|
|Directed by||Lloyd Kramer|
|Country of origin||US|
|Running time||92 min|
|Production company(s)||Harpo Productions|
|Original release||December 9, 2007|
|Preceded by||The Five People You Meet in Heaven (2004) (TV)|
The film is the story of a broken-down former baseball player, Charley Benetto (Imperioli), who is now divorced and estranged from his own daughter, on the verge of a suicide who gets to spend one more day with his estranged departed mother (Burstyn), whom he had blamed for leaving his father. Throughout the course of the movie, she takes him to various points in his life and he learns what actually was going on to get a truer picture of his life.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Michael Imperioli as Charley Benetto
- Ellen Burstyn as Pauline (Posey) Benetto
- Scott Cohen as Len Benetto
- Samantha Mathis as Young Pauline 'Posey' Benetto
- Sara Jerez as Gianna Benetto
- Vadim Imperioli as Young Charley 'Chick' Benetto
- Jaclyn Tommer as Roberta Benetto
- Alice Drummond as Rose
- Emily Wickersham as Maria
- Casting: Sheila Jaffe
- Production Design: Clark Hunter
- Art Direction: Hinju Kim, Fredda Slavin
- Set Decoration: Traci Kirschbaum
- Costume Design: Juliet Polcsa
The film was shot extensively at Bridgeport, Connecticut, New York, and at two locations in the Fairfield University campus including the Loyola Hall. The Sopranos makeup artist Stephen Kelley helped Imperioli age from 20 to his 50s.
Awards and nominationsEdit
- 2007: Satellite Awards
- 2007: Directors Guild of America Awards
- Miniseries or TV Film: Lloyd Kramer (nominated)
- 2008: 14th Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Hale, Mike (December 8, 2007). "Television: Holiday TV Is Devoted to Lightness (and Yes, Lots of Lights)". New York Times. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- Mansfield, Brian; Keveney, Bill; Wloszczyna, Susan (10/4/2007). "Imperioli back for 'One More Day'". USA Today. Retrieved May 20, 2010. Check date values in:
- Lowry, Brian (Dec 5, 2007). "Oprah Winfrey Presents: Mitch Albom's For One More Day (ABC, Sun. Dec. 9, 9 p.m.)". Variety.
- Awards IMDB