(Redirected from Operculum (disambiguation))
The present disambiguation page holds the title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. It is believed to qualify as a broad-concept article. It may be written directly at this page or drafted elsewhere and then moved over here. Related titles should be described in Operculum, while unrelated titles should be moved to Operculum (disambiguation).
|Look up operculum or opercular in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Operculum may refer to:
- Operculum (animal), a structure resembling a lid or a small door that opens and closes
- Operculum (bird), a structure which covers the nares of some birds
- Operculum (bryozoa), a lid on the orifice of some bryozoans
- Operculum (fish), a flap covering the gills of bony fish
- Operculum (gastropod), a sort of trapdoor used to close the aperture of some snails
- Operculum papillare, the iris found in the eyes of elasmobranchs (skates, sharks, and rays)
- Operculum, the anterior end of a fruit fly puparium, through which the adult fly emerges
- Operculum (botany), various lids and flaps pertaining to plants, algae, and fungi
- Dehiscence (botany), the opening of a plant structure, such as a fruit, anther, or sporangium, to release its contents. This[vague]sometimes involves[how?][where?] an operculum.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Operculum.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.