PAL cover art
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer, N-Gage Arena|
Jay Solano is a military veteran of fifteen years with the special armed forces. During the last five years he was the head of Team Shadow, an elite UN chartered military force used in covert operations around the world. Solano is a physically imposing modern day warrior and is gifted in his ability to command small units. His personal speciality is solo deep incursion operations. He utilizes his outstanding ability to adapt to the constantly changing conditions of covert action and open warfare. This is the "one man army" Jay Solano.
Jay Solano is trained in the use of a wide variety weaponry. Throughout Operation Shadow, Jay will use M16 assault rifles, mounted 30 calibre machine guns, fragmentation grenades, M2-49 Light Anti-tank bazookas, Hydra missiles, multi-fire high explosive anti-tank rocket launchers and many other weapons. It terms of vehicles he will have access to Hum-Vees, Hovercrafts, Tanks and Choppers.
Solano is frequently called upon to squash terrorist uprisings that occur worldwide by using his own brand of vigilante justice. With an impressive track record, Solano has become known as the one to call in when the mission absolutely can not fail. With an insatiable desire for destruction Jay frequently butts heads with General Barton over the balance between caution and just going out and decimating the opposition.
- "Operation Shadow for the N-GageTM platform now in stores". Nokia. September 30, 2004. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- "Nokia announces Operation Shadow for the N-GageTM mobile game deck". Nokia. December 8, 2003. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- "Operation Shadow (ngage: 2004): Reviews". Metacritic. Archived from the original on September 13, 2008. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- Score, Avery (October 20, 2004). "Operation Shadow Review". GameSpot. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- Leeper, Justin (September 29, 2004). "GameSpy: Operation Shadow". GameSpy. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- Knutson, Michael (January 26, 2005). "Operation Shadow - NG - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on November 5, 2007. Retrieved February 3, 2017.